What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Under Suspicion (2000)

If you're a Gene Hackman fan (and how can you not be?), this should be on your "to see" list. Nearly two thirds of this movie take place in a police station office in Puerto Rico--mostly with just Hackman and veteran ace Morgan Freeman. Well worth the time, but explosion and non-stop action junkies may want to give it a pass. These are pure head games.

I saw Social Network . . . of all the movies I've ever seen it was one of them, I've never seen a movie with absolutely no good guys

Tere Bin Laden a Bollywood comedy banned in Pakistan about a journalist wanting to emigrate to America after 911 and after many refusals comes up with the idea to fake a Bin Laden video figuring it would be his meal ticket to America. Enlisting the unwitting help of a Chicken Farmer, Bin Laden look-a-like and a rag tag band of misfits he create a lot of madcap mayhem

It was OK but I'm more a 3 Stooges or a Shootem' Up Bang Bang type

Looking forward to seeing Green Lantern and possibly Cowboys & Aliens

I'm presently watching a lot of Bollywood movies because they are fun to watch and Desi Girls just might be some of the prettiest girls on the planet :thumbup:(YMMV)

Scent of a Woman: Actually, I liked it a lot. At first it was hard for me to take Pacino's character seriously, but as the movie went on, I started to find him believable.

I watched The Wolfman remake with Bencio Tel Toro. It was ok, I saw the original for the first time about a month ago.

The White Ribbon: Zzzzzzzzzzzz. From an artistic standpoint, it was a well crafted movie. That didn't stop it from boring me.

I was very excited about this one. I had a couple of film friends over that night, and by the 30 minute mark we were mocking it out loud. It was the most boring, pretentious nonsense I've seen in a long time. As a cinematography buff I was very impressed with the B&W photography...until I realized that they converted it from color in post. :thumbdown

I was very excited about this one. I had a couple of film friends over that night, and by the 30 minute mark we were mocking it out loud. It was the most boring, pretentious nonsense I've seen in a long time. As a cinematography buff I was very impressed with the B&W photography...until I realized that they converted it from color in post. :thumbdown

I didn't know that... I thought there were some nice shots. For instance, when the class was praying and the camera was over the minister's shoulder, looking at the class and his daughter facing the wall.

But yes, boring and pretentious. This is one of several movies I've seen where I've paused it and been flabbergasted that I was only a few minutes into the movie when it seemed as though hours had passed. In this case, I was 28 minutes in and I had thought it must be close to being over.

For some reason I thought this was going to be a thriller or spooky. That expectation certainly didn't help. Honestly, if it wasn't 25 degrees outside, I would've turned it off.

Valhalla Rising - adventure/action movie that could have been great. Badass protagonist, vague Viking-esque characters, axes and swords and blood and guts aplenty. Sounds good so far. But it weighed itself down trying to be a strange art film. The last 20 minutes were so strange and arty that the film basically fizzled out to an utterly unsatisfying and pointless ending. Methinks the writers and director all watched Aguirre the Wrath of God a few times too many while in film school.

Descent 2 - First one was pretty good. Second one sucked.

I didn't know that... I thought there were some nice shots. For instance, when the class was praying and the camera was over the minister's shoulder, looking at the class and his daughter facing the wall.

But yes, boring and pretentious. This is one of several movies I've seen where I've paused it and been flabbergasted that I was only a few minutes into the movie when it seemed as though hours had passed. In this case, I was 28 minutes in and I had thought it must be close to being over.

For some reason I thought this was going to be a thriller or spooky. That expectation certainly didn't help. Honestly, if it wasn't 25 degrees outside, I would've turned it off.

The only positive that came from watching this was that it gave us a new phrase. In the scene where the boy goes to ask for the father's permission to marry, there is a bowl of something on the table. It could be potpourri, it could be cereal. Who knows? But the boy is so downtrodden that we dubbed it "the mueslix of shame". So there's that, anyway...

The only positive that came from watching this was that it gave us a new phrase. In the scene where the boy goes to ask for the father's permission to marry, there is a bowl of something on the table. It could be potpourri, it could be cereal. Who knows? But the boy is so downtrodden that we dubbed it "the mueslix of shame". So there's that, anyway...

:lol: Every cloud has its silver lining.

Army of Shadows: French film about the resistance during World War II. Sometimes I don't get these highly reviewed old, foreign films. I enjoyed it, there was nothing bad about it, but I wasn't blown away by it.

Watched The Time Traveller's Wife yesterday. Couldn't work out why nothing really happened, then the penny dropped, it's a chick flick. Even so it bent over backwards to avoid any excitement. The hero made many failed attempts to go back in time and save his mother from a fatal car accident. No - they didn't show that, he just mentions it as a passing comment. What the ... ???

Tron, I had never watched it but wanted to because the new one looks awesome. It was a whole lot weirder then I was expecting but in a good way. I can now only see "The Dude" in Jeff Bridges though.

Top Bottom