What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - It took a while for me to get into it but after getting over the weirdness I really ended up liking it.

Grandkids were over on Thanksgiving. After dinner, the 15 year old actually sat and watched one of my favorite movies with me, A Very Long Engagement. I never thought she'd watch more than a few minutes since it was subtitled.

SWMBO and I just saw "Love and Other Drugs" I liked it more than she did, but it may have been because I really liked poritons of the soundtrack. She liked it so much that she's in bed not feeling well and I'm downstairs on the computer.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I. I am biased, being a huge Harry Potter fan, but I loved it. I knew there was only so much they could do with that part of the last book, but I thought it was great.

Watched Wild Targed with Rupert Grint from Harry Potter, as well. Great film.

I was on vacation this past week so I had time to watch some of the longer movies in my collection. Earlier in the week, my wife and I watched the 'Lord Of The Rings' trilogy (over three nights), and yesterday was an 80's double feature of 'Streets Of Fire' and 'Total Recall' (although technically Total Recall was released in 1990).

The Last Seduction

I've had a thing for Linda Fiorentino since she stole Mathew Modine's virginity during his high school wrestling days in the 80's movie "Vision Quest". In "The Last Seduction", you'll find out what a black widow really is. Plus, I'm a big sucker for the long con. This one's from 1994. Find it. Make sure the kids are in bed.:thumbup:

Saw "Superior Doughnuts" at the Studio Theatre in DC last night. Not a flick, I know, but I thought I would throw it in. Really good. Moving, funny, fairly original. Sweetnatured. Acting and writing great.

Same playwright as "August: Osage County."

Seems like the Studio is off to a good start under its new director.

Over Thanksgiving break, I watched:

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
- I am a diehard Indy fan, but it was only ok. Shia Lebauf (sp?) actually wasn't bad. He had less of a role than I thought, which was good. However, my main complaint is a common one I heard when it was in the theater. Indy appeared too old. The action was lacking a little.

Daybreakers - I liked this movie. I have wanted to see it ever since it was in the theater. It was an interesting take on vampirism (if that's a word). I thought they could have done a lot more but I liked it.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The last two movies I watched ...

Madagascar and Madagascar 2

... over and over and over and over again.

I should have never shown my young son how the DVD works. :001_rolle

Top Bottom