What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

My wife and I rewatched the Brokenwood Mysteries Christmas episode (S3:Ep4) called "A Merry Bloody Christmas" with, not one but, two dead Santas. While not technically a movie, it was movie in length (1:30).

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Except for the 10-20% of the population, like me, who can't see 3D. I understand it's one reason they don't invest more in 3D. When Avatar came out, they said it was only 5-10%, but some are now saying it may be 20% or more.

Wow. I never knew. I know some have been less than impressed, but its very impressive for me these days.

My wife dragged me to The Wife. I thought it was going to be some women's movie. It was a really good movie with a strong story. I really am glad I saw it

RAMPAGE on HBO. For some strange reason, I enjoyed it. Mindless fun and lots of destruction. Halfway thru, my wife came into the room, looked at the screen, shook her head, then walked back out without saying anything.

In Bruges. Second time watching it. Little more meaningful after seeing El Bosco’s work at Museo del Prado in Madrid a couple months ago.

White Christmas over the weekend, Get Shorty last night. It's been a couple of weeks since the last movie in the theater.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rewatched The Man With The Golden Gun, one of the worst of the Bond series. Still, whenever I feel ill Bond movies are very comforting. Tried watching what I feel are the weakest for each actor during my cold:
Quantum of Solace
Tomorrow Never Dies
The Man With The Golden Gun
Diamonds Are Forever
The Living Daylights
Then I'm left with the Lazenby conundrum.

Into the Spiderverse. Highly recommend if you like your superhero movies to be more comic book than the norm. Most innovative movie of the year.

Went out to see Mary Poppins Returns. I was thoroughly entertained, great songs and dances. The only shortcoming is when Miss Blunt begins singing. It's then that the absence of Julie Andrews is most keenly felt.

Yesterday, after reading reviews about how scary Bird Box (on Netflix) was, I made the mistake of turning it on. I may have made 15 minutes before giving up and re-watching Train to Busan, a very good S.Korean zombie film on Netflix. Bird Box was just another gimmicky horror movie, with a big-name star whose career is surely in decline, that goes downhill from the opening credits. You know a horror movie is bad when a few minutes in you begin rooting for the (never seen) monster to kill the cast and end your misery.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Yesterday, after reading reviews about how scary Bird Box (on Netflix) was, I made the mistake of turning it on.

I watched it last night. I did finish it but I almost gave up a few times lol. My thoughts mirror yours.

We watched the new Transformers movie Bumblebee on Christmas Eve. Much better than the other transformers movies. It was set in 1984 and had lots of music from that time.

Last night was a TCM night. The Beatles in A Hard Days Night, Elvis in Jailhouse Rock and Tommy. Three very different movies from musical eras.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom