What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

13 Ghosts (1960). For laughs, I ordered a William Castle double feature blu-ray for my wife and I to watch. While it didn't come with the "original ghost viewer", I had 2 old, red/blue 3-D glasses lying about. It's not a 3-D movie, but if you look thru the red side when the screen turns blue, the background is dimmed and the ghosts stand out in red. If you look thru the blue side you don't see the ghosts (for those too scared). Castle always had a gimmick. You can still see the red ghosts without glasses, but they stand out more looking thru the red lens. It was under $10 and one of Castle's "better" flicks.

Friday we saw Widows a heist film that is grittier than Ocean's 8 was.

Saturday was Green Book, based on a true story. Set in 1962, the story of a Italian nightclub bouncer played by Viggo Moretenson who goes to work as a driver Dr. Don Shirley, a black classical pianist as his driver on a tour through the Deep South. Absolutely wonderful film.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs - by the Coen Brothers
"An anthology film comprised of six stories, each dealing with a different aspect of life in the Old West."
Saw it on Netflix.
It's a hoot. :a14:

We saw Widows on Sunday. I really enjoyed it, especially the some of the turns the story takes. it didn't seem forced to me, which i enjoyed.

The Thing From Another World, a syfy film from 1951 just released on blu-ray. I have probably seen this picture a hundred times since the 1950's and the new WB Archive blu-ray just released, is the best it has ever looked. TV Gunsmoke's Matt Dillon (James Arness) is "The Thing".

Watched The Thin Man with my wife this morning. It has two absolute stunning ladies in it; Myrna Loy and Maureen O'Sullivan. It also has the very gentlemanly William Powell. It is a "nominal" Christmas film in that many of the events happen during Christmas. A great film from 1934.

Watched The Thin Man with my wife this morning. It has two absolute stunning ladies in it; Myrna Loy and Maureen O'Sullivan. It also has the very gentlemanly William Powell. It is a "nominal" Christmas film in that many of the events happen during Christmas. A great film from 1934.

My wife and I love Wm Powell and Myrna Loy. We have both the Thin Man box set and the Wm Powell/Myrna Loy Collection. I was fortunate to see Myrna Loy live in Louisville, Ky in the mid-1960's in the traveling show of Barefoot in the Park. Myrna played the mom. She was probably in her early 60's by then. I went in not knowing who she was and came out a lifelong fan.

Just finished watching Phantom with Ed Harris. Had never heard of it when I ran across it on cable and decided to give it a watch. It was a pretty good movie.

A little corny but fun. In 3D it would have been a lot of fun.

Except for the 10-20% of the population, like me, who can't see 3D. I understand it's one reason they don't invest more in 3D. When Avatar came out, they said it was only 5-10%, but some are now saying it may be 20% or more.

Top Bottom