What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

The Affairs of Dobie Gillis. This was written by Max Schulman, but not nearly as funny as the TV series with Dwayne Hickman. This has Bobby Van as Dobie, no Maynard G. Krebs (sigh) and a very young Bob Fosse doing some incredible dancing.

The last three in the theater: (no particular order)
First Man - biopic of Neil Armstrong
The Old Man & the Gun - possibly Robert Redford's last picture in front of the camera. Terrific film, based on a true story.
The Nutcracker and the four realms - Different take on the Nutcracker story.

"Downsizing", with Matt Damon, on Netflix.
proxy.php

I thought it was going to be a typical "fish out of water" comedy, but it had some serious moments.
Somewhat different from what I had expected from the trailers.

I just watched "They Shall Not Grow Old" today. It's a superb movie. Peter Jackson does a great job of colourizing the old war footage. He really brings the trenches and fighting of the Somme to life. If you like watching war history, this is must see

The thing from out of space, superb 50's sci fi

I pre-ordered the WB blu-ray of "The Thing from Outer Space" which was supposed to be released on 11/20/18, but there's apparently a delay due to closure of several dvd duplication facilities. No word yet on when that will ship.

Today I watched "In Order of Disappearance" on Netflix. It's a 2014 Norwegian film. The American version is called "Cold Pursuit", coming in Feb 2019 staring Liam Neeson (think TAKEN #22, or whatever). Drug cartel kills son, snow-plow driving father hunts them down and kills them. If you watch the original on Netflix, saving $12 a ticket or more in February, go with sub-titles - dubbing is awful.

Mighty Joe Young on TCM. I'll take an old stop-motion film any day over CGI. Some early CGI like the 1st Jurassic Park and the 1st or 2nd LOTR movies were done well. Almost all CGI after that "jumped the shark" and I refuse to watch.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I just watched "They Shall Not Grow Old" today. It's a superb movie. Peter Jackson does a great job of colourizing the old war footage. He really brings the trenches and fighting of the Somme to life. If you like watching war history, this is must see
Thanks for the review!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Mandy. It's right up my alley. It's hallucinating, violent and beautifully designed. Plus Nicolas cage is perfect

I havent watched it, maybe I should. It seemed a bit too surreal but Nick cage plays a maniac really well lol.

This was good for a chuckle.

I've been rewatching Game of Thrones so movies have been on hold.

Top Bottom