What's new

The Ides of March Lightning PIF -CBLindsay "The Veg" 3.0

I've been holding off posting here because as of today I've had the honor of using @CBLindsay Veg 3.0 soap.

Chris was nice enough to send me a puck of his Veg 3.0 soap. Okay this stuff really does smell like "The Veg"! The scent is pretty strong and I can actually smell it though out the entire shave. I choose my Paladin Chief brush to have the honors. I dribble a little water on the soap while I was getting everything ready. Shook out the Paladin and commenced to load. This soap loads like crazy. I loaded for 30 seconds just to be sure, but in reality 15 would have been plenty. I moved to the scuttle and in no time with a little water added I had a nice shiny lather. I had no problem apply a nice layer of lather to my beard. I took the Rockwell in hand and start my 1s pass. WOW, this soap is awesome. Very nice slickness and great cushion!! Good stable lather! Slight rinse and nice residual slickness. Passes 2 and 3 completed with no problems. The scent of "The Veg" has filled the Den now. Even before I started my post shave, my face felt really good! BBS achieved! No alum sting! Grabbed "The Veg" and applied a nice splash. So for the next couple of hours you had better be "choosen".
I was neither choose nor rejected when I 1st used "The Veg" but now I'm all in! I had even stated that I probably wouldn't be purchasing any Lilac Vegetal, but when I got this soap from Chris, it just seem that it had to be done.

Chris this soap is Awesome Sauce!! Thanks for sending it to me!
I'm not in due to the fact I already have some. Who ever wins this PIF is in for a treat! IMHO
1st-Lather-CBLindsay-Veg-30.jpg

Congratulations on #400 Straight Razor Shave!

Time to double down guys. @clyde72 has given a fanatastic testimonial, what more could you ask.

As per the terms set out at the opening of the PIF it will end in the morning even if we never see 400 posts.

It just sank in that this is a total home brew. That makes it more interesting. I've been curious about hobby shave soaps. Cool!

Craig aka @clyde72 is 100% accurate. The soap is marvelous and offers up an excellent shave. I mean you still have to guide he razor but the soap does its job and does it well. As to the scent my wife HATES! veg! And hate might not be a strong enough word. I'm not sure how Chris did it but what he did to the soap is what I smell an hour after applying the elixir. When I handed my wife the tub without telling her she sniffed and turned and said it smells wonderful! I told her what it was... She sniffed it again and said wow! I tried explaining to her she likes the veg just not fresh application.

I've been holding off posting here because as of today I've had the honor of using @CBLindsay Veg 3.0 soap.

Chris was nice enough to send me a puck of his Veg 3.0 soap. Okay this stuff really does smell like "The Veg"! The scent is pretty strong and I can actually smell it though out the entire shave. I choose my Paladin Chief brush to have the honors. I dribble a little water on the soap while I was getting everything ready. Shook out the Paladin and commenced to load. This soap loads like crazy. I loaded for 30 seconds just to be sure, but in reality 15 would have been plenty. I moved to the scuttle and in no time with a little water added I had a nice shiny lather. I had no problem apply a nice layer of lather to my beard. I took the Rockwell in hand and start my 1s pass. WOW, this soap is awesome. Very nice slickness and great cushion!! Good stable lather! Slight rinse and nice residual slickness. Passes 2 and 3 completed with no problems. The scent of "The Veg" has filled the Den now. Even before I started my post shave, my face felt really good! BBS achieved! No alum sting! Grabbed "The Veg" and applied a nice splash. So for the next couple of hours you had better be "choosen".
I was neither choose nor rejected when I 1st used "The Veg" but now I'm all in! I had even stated that I probably wouldn't be purchasing any Lilac Vegetal, but when I got this soap from Chris, it just seem that it had to be done.

Chris this soap is Awesome Sauce!! Thanks for sending it to me!
I'm not in due to the fact I already have some. Who ever wins this PIF is in for a treat! IMHO
View attachment 776215

Congratulations on #400 Straight Razor Shave!
Nice review! Thanks for sharing. The winner will be very lucky indeed

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I totally read that in Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice, lol...."Get to da VEG!" Haha

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Fixed it!^^^^^[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom