What's new

The Holy Grail/Crown Jewel

There is no holy grail razor, just like there is no real Santa Claus.

Favorite razors frequently change, as often as the weather. Change is not bad. Change can be connected to personal growth, changing preferences, or to changing circumstances.
What? No Santa??!!$%&? Then who the heck is eating the cookies and drinking the milk I leave out?

Ok, no Santa. But every collector has an opinion of what their grail razor is. The properties could be rarity, popularity, design, or simply a great shave. We each have our own idea of what constitutes the "one".

If you had the choice, which razor, no matter how rare or expensive, would you pick?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
There is a Santa.

I partied with the dude with Cheech and Chong one time in the Upper Peninsula in about 1979 as I recall. Pretty sure another dude, one William Jefferson Clinton was there too. But THAT dude was SO LAME man....he didn't even inhale! True story doggone!

What? No Santa??!!$%&? Then who the heck is eating the cookies and drinking the milk I leave out?

Ok, no Santa. But every collector has an opinion of what their grail razor is. The properties could be rarity, popularity, design, or simply a great shave. We each have our own idea of what constitutes the "one".

If you had the choice, which razor, no matter how rare or expensive, would you pick?
Last week I would have picked the Merkur Futur. This week it would be the 1947 Gillette Aristocrat. Next week it may be something else.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I do miss my old 1993 Toyota 4X4... my work truck for quite a few years. It was a beater but was so dependable. With a topper and a ladder rack and added leaf springs... it held all my carpentry tools.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I do miss my old 1993 Toyota 4X4... my work truck for quite a few years. It was a beater but was so dependable. With a topper and a ladder rack and added leaf springs... it held all my carpentry tools.
Exactly. My lovely bride made me clean up my junkyard. I got rid of my 88 Toyota pickup. And my 99 Toyota pickup.... And my mopeds. Bless her heart, she did let me keep the 95? I think it is, GMC 2500 Sierra? Yeah, I think that is what it's called. 350 motor with 170,000 miles. LoL, 11 mpg in the city or in the woods. Rides like a Caddy tho.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
For the record...... I don't believe in Santa... but don't denigrate the memory of the Tooth Fairy... she's real and still workin'....

She might deliver an Athena Lambda to you.... if only you believe. (a credit card might be involved..... just sayin')

Top Bottom