What's new

The Great Blade Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I'm thinking about putting together a request and I see that you don't have any Persona Barbers in stock. I have some, but they are in a dispenser. Is there any way acceptable way to get these to you?

I can not accept blades that come out of dispensers. I only accept blades that are individually wrapped in their original factory applied wrappers.
There is no safe way to handle blades from dispensers, especially when they go from your hands to mine and then on to someone else.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I would like to exchange

2 Wilkinson Sword
4 GEM PTFE Single Edge
4 Dorco ST301 and
5 Derby Extra Super Stainless

for

2 Voskhod
2 Rapira Platinum Lux
2 Gillette 7 O'Clock - Black
2 Lord Super Chrome
2 Personna Blue
2 Shark Super Chrome

Can I mail 15 blades on 1 stamp? Awaiting your mail information.

Thanks for your service.

From the guidelines in the first post:
You must be able to send as many different blades as you are requesting
basically if you are sending in 4 brands you can only take out 4 brands.
You'll need to add 2 more brands or subtract 2 from what you want.
Quantity of blades doesn't matter. This prevents people from using the exchange to build sample packs.

From the guidelines in the first post:
basically if you are sending in 4 brands you can only take out 4 brands.
You'll need to add 2 more brands or subtract 2 from what you want.
Quantity of blades doesn't matter. This prevents people from using the exchange to build sample packs.

And I thought I understood the rules. I know you must get tired of referring people (me!) back to the OP! ;^)

I have deleted two brands from my request. Please keep the extras as a donation.

I would like to exchange

2 Wilkinson Sword
4 GEM PTFE Single Edge
4 Dorco ST301 and

for

2 Voskhod
2 Rapira Platinum Lux
2 Personna Blue

Thanks for your service.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
And I thought I understood the rules. I know you must get tired of referring people (me!) back to the OP! ;^)

I have deleted two brands from my request. Please keep the extras as a donation.

I would like to exchange

2 Wilkinson Sword
4 GEM PTFE Single Edge
4 Dorco ST301 and

for

2 Voskhod
2 Rapira Platinum Lux
2 Personna Blue

Thanks for your service.

I don't get tired of it. I think I could re-work it and try to make it easier to understand, although I've done that 3 times already :lol:
I think I tried to make it sound to professional and lord knows i'm not a professional :ohmy:

PM on the way

I can not accept blades that come out of dispensers. I only accept blades that are individually wrapped in their original factory applied wrappers.
There is no safe way to handle blades from dispensers, especially when they go from your hands to mine and then on to someone else.

No problem! I just saw that you had 0 in stock and figured I would at least ask. I'll get back to you when I'm ready to make the swap.

I'd like to exchange:

2 Super Gillette Blue Blades
2 Baili Platinum
2 Timor
for
2 Rapira Platinum Lux
2 Rapira Swedish Super
2 Gillette Super Thin

Thanks!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Not 100% related to the exchange so sorry to pollute the thread. I want to thanks Jason for the idea of putting the blades into a divided container. Much, much easier to keep together and move around without having a stack falling everywhere when I touch something. I can also put the box standing up which takes less room!

Thank you Mister Toothpick! :thumbup1:

Hello.

I would like to send you:

2 Astra Superior Stainless
2 Bluebird Hi Stainless
2 Bic Chrome Platinum
2 Derby Extras
2 Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless (green)
2 Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum (grey/black)
2 Dorco ST-301
2 Shark Super Chrome

I would like to receive:

2 Personna Red
2 Polsilver Super Iridium
2 Don Juan
2 Marlin
2 Probak Junior
2 4s Solinger
2 Tiger Safety Razor
2 Gillette Blue Blade (light or dark, doesn't matter)

Thank you so much for your service, sir.

First timer! Thanks for setting this up!

I would like to send:
2 Voskoshod (I can afford it since I have a 100 pack on the way- great blades)
2 Astra SP
2 Derby

I would like to receive:
2 Gillette 7 O'Clock Black
2 Gillette 7 O'Clock Green - Permasharp
2 Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow

What say you Blademaster?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Not 100% related to the exchange so sorry to pollute the thread. I want to thanks Jason for the idea of putting the blades into a divided container. Much, much easier to keep together and move around without having a stack falling everywhere when I touch something. I can also put the box standing up which takes less room!

Thank you Mister Toothpick! :thumbup1:

You're welcome! I'm happy to hear that's working out for you!

I've got 7 that I keep the blades in. I could really use one more - maybe two, so each blade has it's own slot.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Hi,

I'd like to get in on this.

I'll send you 4 Gillette Silver Blues

I'd like 4 Voshkods, been wanting to try them.

Thanks!
Per the guidelines in the OP blades go out in pairs. I can only send you 2 voskhods.

Just stumbled across this thread, and I think it's a great thing. You're doing a serious service to the forum.

I'd like to receive:

Gillette 7 O'Clock - Blue 2
Gillette 7 O'Clock - Yellow 2
Gillette Silver Blue 16

I'd like to send:

KAI (Japan) - 14
Super Platinum/Israeli Personna/Blue (the ones with the white paper, blue writing 'super * platinum' - 6

Let me know if that works. Thanks!

J

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Just stumbled across this thread, and I think it's a great thing. You're doing a serious service to the forum.

I'd like to receive:

Gillette 7 O'Clock - Blue 2
Gillette 7 O'Clock - Yellow 2
Gillette Silver Blue 16

I'd like to send:

KAI (Japan) - 14
Super Platinum/Israeli Personna/Blue (the ones with the white paper, blue writing 'super * platinum' - 6

Let me know if that works. Thanks!

J
I can not send you 16 GSB. Blades go out in pairs (2) only. Also you'll need to add another brand of blade to the ones you are sending or subtract one you are taking.
if you are requesting 3 brands you must send in 3 brands.
Please give the OP another read so you are familiar with the guidelines and re-post your exchange.

I can not send you 16 GSB. Blades go out in pairs (2) only. Also you'll need to add another brand of blade to the ones you are sending or subtract one you are taking.
if you are requesting 3 brands you must send in 3 brands.
Please give the OP another read so you are familiar with the guidelines and re-post your exchange.

Got it. My confusion was that I understood 'pairs' to mean even numbers only, not that one could not receive (or send) multiple 'pairs'. You may want to make that explicit 'you may receive one pair maximum of any type of blade' in the OP - my apologies for the misunderstanding.

Receive:
Gillette 7 O'Clock - Blue - 2
Gillette Silver Blue - 2

Send:
KAI (Japan) - 2
Super Platinum/Israeli Personna/Blue - 2

Hay Jason; I would like to trade

(2) Voskhod

(2) Astra sp

FOR

(2) GEM— SEs
(2) Gillette Super Blue Blade 1988

Thanks for doing this!

I've got lots of excess blades that I'm willing to deviate from the rules in order to stock the exchange.

The following blades can be exchanged above the 2 limit:

Astra SP
Derby
Dorco ST300
Lord Platinum
Shark Super Chrome
Wilkinson Sword

If you are making an exchange for any of these blades feel free to offer and ask for more than the typical 2.
Provided you are sending something other than these blades.

Is this still in effect? Or are there any changes to the blades for exceptions? Notice quite a few numbers in red on the master list.

Also I know this is an exchange, but have you considered selling blades that you have many of and using that money to stock other blades? Or sell a 'Newbie pack' from the common blades and fund the exchange that way?

Just a few thoughts. The exchange is great, and very helpful!! Thank You for managing it.

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Is this still in effect? Or are there any changes to the blades for exceptions? Notice quite a few numbers in red on the master list.

Also I know this is an exchange, but have you considered selling blades that you have many of and using that money to stock other blades?

Dorco 301 and Crystal I've got plenty of so add those two to the list if you've got anything you want to send in for them. I'd say 10 limit on each, keep in mind you will be covering shipping both ways. And I'd ask that you send in the same quantity of blades. (if you want 5 Astra SP be prepared to send in 5 of something else - not from the list above)

Selling the blades is not an option here on B&B. I have so many I think it would verge on the lines of a Vendor or Hobbyist tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom