What's new

The Goods! Straight Razor Hobbyist Gallery

Thanks.

Removing grind marks is not as easy as just running a polisher across them. You have to do a complete progression of sanding, starting at say 320, 400, 600, 1200.....on and on until you get to your finishing polish. If you have ever done any razor restoration you will know how remarkable HARD razor steel is. It's a real bear to sand. Mirror finishes require alot of patience, hard work, sweat, swearing, more hard work, more swearing....:frown:

So, no I won't go for a mirror polish on the spinework, although it would be SWEET. I will however run a polisher across there (I did not do that yet to that last Eishartung razor), which at least shines up the grind marks a bit.

Yes I realize that it would take a while but it would be amazing, just something to store in the back of that head of your for one day when you get bored :biggrin:

Plus that Fernback DA looks really nice, I can't even see the grind marks in the photos of that one

Yes I realize that it would take a while but it would be amazing, just something to store in the back of that head of your for one day when you get bored :biggrin:

Plus that Fernback DA looks really nice, I can't even see the grind marks in the photos of that one

Yes, I buffed the Fernback spinework, I still need to do that to the stainless in the pearl scales to smooth it out a bit.

Seraphim, I am really impressed with your work. The way you use a Dremel tool is like an artist with a brush. I sure hope one day I too can be able to produce the quality of restoration on blades as you. Also your scale work is fantastic. I sure wish I new how you are to achiuve the luster on your blades. I have tried and tried with a Dremel and by hand for hours and hours and still cannot achieve the shine you do. I wish I knew your secret.
turbine712 aka Bill W

Went squarepoint, no thumbnotch, tomahawk tail cutout on heel.

Had a set of interesting scales in the vault, and thought they went well with it.

What can I say?

I like EF.....:tongue_sm

New England ferns under acrylic, over aluminum.

This was the first try, I had some air bubble issues during lamination. Next time it should be better.

Attachments

• $EF open toe.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 1,213
Wow, nice look there.
How do you think the color will hold up?

And I noticed on your last few razors that you are doing traditional pins, instead of the microfastners, have you come around to a traditional take on things? :biggrin:

Wow, nice look there.
How do you think the color will hold up?

And I noticed on your last few razors that you are doing traditional pins, instead of the microfastners, have you come around to a traditional take on things? :biggrin:

There were a couple of razors I could not drill out the tang hole, so I learned to pin the old fashioned way. Both ways have their merits.

Dunno about the color holding up. The fern is encased in acrylic, so I think it'll stay put. But who knows?

I'm using Gold Dollar razors now (they are the same as the Double Arrows)

Schezuan tip, thumbnotch, hollowed heel.

Red and gold design on ricepaper I got when travelling in Japan. Under acrylic, over aluminum. Clear spacer wedge.

Actual python snakeskin acryluminum(tm) scales, clear wedge, pinned, oblique point, hollowed heel.

I like to put the "scales" into my scales...

The laminate has some air bubble inclusions visible when directly reflecting light off the scales. I'll have to modify my laminate technology, but pretty happy with the first attempt.

Take a peek:

Seraphim, I've been away for a while, but I like what you've been up to. I really dig the shape of the blade on that one with the red scales. Nice work.

I don't know what to call this worked back, but here it is....

Birdseye maple acryluminum scales, floro red wedge, alternating jimps on top, thumbnotch on the bottom, hollowed heel, wutang point.

The usual, in other words!

Top Bottom