What's new

The Gillette DEKonstipator: A rare gem?

Two days ago (it's now been withdrawn because I suspect the seller found a private buyer willing to pay a high price) this listing appeared on Ebay:

"Very rare Gillette DEKonstipator: Pristine
This razor was originally marketed by Gillette circa 1970, under a tag line later taken by Heinken: "It gets to the parts other razors cannot reach."
Though never FDA approved, the claim was that using it not only provided a smooth shave, but relieved those of us who sometimes get stopped up. You sufferers will know what I mean. Originally developed by Gillette India Research, it was quickly withdrawn from the market. An old record of a Gillette spokesman, said that it was just "...too good. The current market just isn't ready for something this radical"
It appears to be barely used and will enhance any collection. I make no claims, nor take any responsibility whatsoever for it's use and effects."

Apparently there was also an adjustable prototype developed that allowed you to "up the aggression" depending upon your individual requirements. I need say no more I trust.

Does anyone own one of these razors, or can you tell me more about it? Strangely I can find no serial number listing.

Thanks in advance.

It seems strange you can quote the listing but don't have a picture.
Yes, I'm too much of a technological idiot to do that. If you can find a DEKonstipator picture in the archives, I would appreciate it!

Hi,

I have a photo of a DisImpactor, but y'all really don't want to see it! Trust me....you don't. But if ya gotta, Google it. But, I warned you.

And, the image of such is what came to mind when I saw the title.

Stan

R

romsitsa

"Very rare Gillette DEKonstipator
...but relieved those of us who sometimes get stopped up....
...It appears to be barely used and will enhance any collection."

Nice one ;)

Adam

Can you post a picture of you using it?
proxy.php

Top Bottom