What's new

The FINAL Word on C.O. Bigelow Shaving Cream at Bath & Bodyworks

I received this email from a Store/Customer Relations Supervisor with Bath and Body Works Corp. office. This should, hopefully, put to rest all future rumours to the effect that Bath and Body Works is, or already has, "phased out/discontinued" the C.O. Bigelow/Proraso Shaving Cream, which we all love. The fact that BOTH C.O. Bigelow and Bath and Body Works are owned by the same corporate entity (Limited Brands, Inc.) makes it HIGHLY unlikely that Bath and Body Works' brick and mortar stores will stop carrying one of C.O. Bigelow's best selling products. As you can see, they have assured me that they have no intention of removing the C.O. Bigelow/Proraso Shaving Cream from all of their brick and mortar stores. Apparently, it has only been removed from Bath and Bodyworks Stores, which had proven incapable of selling it. I also spoke to the store manager at my local Bath and Body Works store and she told me that she can't keep the cream on the shelves. She said that both men and women come in to buy it, and that corporate has already sent her store a memo about expanding their C.O. Bigelow display. Anyway, the e-mail, which I received from the B&BW corp. rep is below. (They even gave my inquiry an "official" case number! lol). Rest easy, guys. C.O. Bigelow/Proraso ain't goin' anywhere.

RE:Case # 2643405

Dear Doug,

Thank you for taking the time to write us. We're always grateful for customer comments as they help us to improve as a company.

We're so sorry your friend wasn't able to find Men's CO Bigelow Premium Shave Cream in his local store. There is a manufacturing delay which could be caused by issues with product ingredients or packaging materials. We are currently working to get this item replenished as soon as possible and greatly appreciate your patience.

I will tell you that we have no intention of phasing out all in-store sales of this item. The CO Bigelow line of products has been removed from a few of our stores, to make room for other products, however the product is still (and will continue to be) widely available in most of our stores throughout the country. There are also several CO Bigelow stores here in the Ohio area that should always have this product. Please use the phone number provided below and we would be happy to direct you to a local store, which stocks this product. This product will also continue to be available on our website.

If we can be of any further assistance, please reply to this email or contact us at 1-800-395-1001, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.

Sincerely,

Lu Ann Ray
Customer/Store Relations Supervisor
Bath & Body Works

Last edited:
Good work and thanks for posting.

All to often these rumors get a life without any real basis. It has been my experience that most companies will respond to your inquiries.

you guys actually believe some customer relations people, about 40 rungs down on the corporate totem pole? :001_tt1:

Fingers crossed that it will be for a long time!

- Doug

PS- Oh, and a "second" on the need for them to re-stock the Bay Rum!

Bob, I can't explain why Bath and Bodworks reps sent you those emails 3 years ago, but since there are still stores stocking/receiving shipments of C.O. Bigelow in March 2011, I think that it's pretty safe to assume that you can discount those 2008 e-mails. I think that the most compelling piece of evidence is the fact that Limited Brands owns both Bath and Bodyworks and C.O. Bigelow. No way they stop using Bath and Bodyworks to push one of their own product lines over lines which they do not own. Economics 101. Besides, it is obvious that C.O. Bigelow's shaving cream remains WILDLY popular, as evidenced by all of the threads about it on this board. Mantic also told me that he hasn't heard anything from his contacts re: this rumour, and he would know. He told me that his local Bath and Bodyworks continues to stock/sell both sizes of the cream, and that his contacts told him that this would continue to be the case. FYI.

you guys actually believe some customer relations people, about 40 rungs down on the corporate totem pole? :001_tt1:

I think someone who works for the company itself has a bit more merit than a random customer perpetuating a rumor that may or may not be true.

I was merely pointing out the potential lack of accuracy in dealing with B&BW's marketing/customer service folks :tongue_sm, not to the idea that they were ceasing to carry the product.

Since I have bought more Bigelow SC since the 2008 e-mail exchange, I am aware of the lack of accuracy in their correspondence to me. :001_smile

I, too, have heard from the staff at a couple B&BW locations that the SC sells very well.

I popped into the local B&BW and asked the manager about the products. She said she hadn't heard a thing about discontinuing the products and they sold a lot of it. She also said they had started selling a signature and asked if i wanted to see it. I politely said nope, just like the shaving cream.

Meh, I already have a car. A really sweet Daewoo. :) What I DON'T have, is a brand spankin' new Badger and Blade t-shirt. Or an autographed glossy of Mantic.

Top Bottom