What's new

The Empty Glass Bottle

Yep, and tough to find. That bottle was a copy of an 1897 bottle design and was sold only as a part of a special boxed gift set (pen + ink) as far as I know, shown in a 1997 catalog. It has been rumored to be a different ink, I've only ever seen it in black with that label.

That is correct, you could only get that commemorative bottle in that one year.
There was a set but you could also get the bottle in a box by itself.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
has anyone ever actually emptied a bottle ?

proxy.php

Tell me about your empty bottle, James, tell me about your empty bottle.

K theres a whole thread to my ONE empty bottle, and if you can find it you can read all about it, and enjoy the pictures (Thats right I stopped in the middle to take pictures) lol, Oh wait I had a second empty bottle from the bottle that had the broken cap Jason sent me, but after getting half a hand green I was able to refill it

I think some guys in NYC may be upset about that . Some people want to see the train wrecks first hand

I have nearly finished a bottle of vintage Parker quink blue-black. The bottle itself is empty, but I poured it into the inkwell of my Esterbrook Dip-less and their is still a little bit left in the well.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Steeve McQueen ... motorcycle ... Swiss border ... Nazis ... you get the picture.

Yeah, I don't have any pics, but I have empty a few bottles. I've empty 2 bottles of Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black, 1 of J. Herbin eclat de saphir, and I'm almost done emptying a bottle of Noodler's Dark Matter, all within the past two years. I didn't use a syringe to get the last bit of ink out of each bottle, but I did use a small eyedropper. I have multiple full bottles of the inks I listed which I bought before I emptied the bottles.

I could go buy some empty bottles from my flea market connection. Would that count? She has some Quink, Skrip, and maybe a Waterman.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I could go buy some empty bottles from my flea market connection. Would that count? She has some Quink, Skrip, and maybe a Waterman.

Buy any Skrip bottles with the "Skripwell" divider in the neck, they're handy.

Refill ... empty ... repeat.

I got one of these (almost full of Permanent Blue/Black) for $7 about a month ago. I LOVE IT! Didn't even know about it before.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

I found three a while ago in the discount bin of a local stationary store ... $2 each. I didn't have to think twice.

:thumbup:

Top Bottom