Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
20211119_091103.jpg

And another Blue Monday!

B4 Blue-Tip Super Speed
Personna "Lab Blue" (6)
Semogue beech handled boar brush
Stirling Sharp Dressed Man soap
Coldish water to finish

I used the blue tip all week, minus a couple of days.

What a nice thread!

I’ve been looking for a blue tip but it’s been very hard to find one. I’ve seen a few but the prices are crazy.

The cheaper ones are so beaten up that I guess it would be a risky purchase.

I’ll keep searching 😕

What a nice thread!

I’ve been looking for a blue tip but it’s been very hard to find one. I’ve seen a few but the prices are crazy.

The cheaper ones are so beaten up that I guess it would be a risky purchase.

I’ll keep searching 😕
Same for me. All of my 30 razors came from Antique/Vintage shops with the exception of my King C Gillette that came from Amazon, and my Blue Tip. My Blue Tip is the only razor I needed to go to Ebay to get. I love mine, and use it more than any other in my collection, but it has some staining on the handle and doors, and chips in the blue paint. I'm still constantly looking for one in great shape, with a case. I can't justify the cost I see for the decent ones, so the hunts continues. Good luck to you on your search as well!

Same for me. All of my 30 razors came from Antique/Vintage shops with the exception of my King C Gillette that came from Amazon, and my Blue Tip. My Blue Tip is the only razor I needed to go to Ebay to get. I love mine, and use it more than any other in my collection, but it has some staining on the handle and doors, and chips in the blue paint. I'm still constantly looking for one in great shape, with a case. I can't justify the cost I see for the decent ones, so the hunts continues. Good luck to you on your search as well!
Good luck to you too! Hope we score one soon.

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
Greetings fellow blue tippers! I guess I am an accidental member by virtue of inheriting my dad's blue tip razor, date code B2. When I made the switch from cartridge razors & canned foam to DE razor shaving about a year ago, this is the razor I started with. Since then, I have acquired a few more vintage Gillette razors and a couple of 'modern' DE razors. I enjoy shaving with all of them, but the blue tip will always have a special place in my heart, and I will never part with it.

As a side note, if anybody happens to have an extra blue case (in good condition) that housed the blue tip sold in 1956 and wouldn't mind selling it, I would be interested in buying it from you. I think I remember playing with dad's when I was a kid and it got lost or broken somehow. :001_07: (sorry dad)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Greetings fellow blue tippers! I guess I am an accidental member by virtue of inheriting my dad's blue tip razor, date code B2. When I made the switch from cartridge razors & canned foam to DE razor shaving about a year ago, this is the razor I started with. Since then, I have acquired a few more vintage Gillette razors and a couple of 'modern' DE razors. I enjoy shaving with all of them, but the blue tip will always have a special place in my heart, and I will never part with it.

As a side note, if anybody happens to have an extra blue case (in good condition) that housed the blue tip sold in 1956 and wouldn't mind selling it, I would be interested in buying it from you. I think I remember playing with dad's when I was a kid and it got lost or broken somehow. :001_07: (sorry dad)

Thanks in advance.
Think hard, you probably broke it lol!

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
Think hard, you probably broke it lol!
Yeah, I'm sure that's what happened, but the kid in me still hates to admit it. I must have played rough because my dad used to say " that kid could break a sledge hammer with an iron handle."

I have 2 adult sons of my own and now understand why my dad always told me to put his tools back where I got them after I'm done borrowing them.

Where's my crescent wrench??

Yeah, I'm sure that's what happened, but the kid in me still hates to admit it. I must have played rough because my dad used to say " that kid could break a sledge hammer with an iron handle."

I have 2 adult sons of my own and now understand why my dad always told me to put his tools back where I got them after I'm done borrowing them.

Where's my crescent wrench??
When I was given my grandfather's razors, I was about 12. One was wobbly and squeaky, and flicked open instead of twisting open like the ones I liked...
I can still hear it hitting the bottom of my metal trashcan when I threw it across my bedroom.
It was a toggle, makes me sick. :(

If you had a mint blue tip Fishin' Kit, and a mint blue tip in the "light" marked case, both with unopened blades and instructions AND you wanted to cash in on one, which one would you keep?
To make it slightly more difficult, you have the heavy and regular marked cased Superspeeds in excellent condition as well...

If you had a mint blue tip Fishin' Kit, and a mint blue tip in the "light" marked case, both with unopened blades and instructions AND you wanted to cash in on one, which one would you keep?
To make it slightly more difficult, you have the heavy and regular marked cased Superspeeds in excellent condition as well...
If you want to keep something to display, the fishing kit sure looks stunning!

I don’t think I could sell either if I had ‘em.

Due to the fact that you have the regular and heavy, if I had to sell one, (can’t believe I’m saying it but) I’d sell the fishin’ kit.

That’s a hard decision. Godspeed friend.

I don’t think I could sell either if I had ‘em.

Due to the fact that you have the regular and heavy, if I had to sell one, (can’t believe I’m saying it but) I’d sell the fishin’ kit.

That’s a hard decision. Godspeed friend.
That's the dilemma. I've got about every Gillette, but desire more obscure French razors lately. I try to find my collection with my collection, definitely don't want two blue tips (3 really, I have a mint user in a beast case).

That's the dilemma. I've got about every Gillette, but desire more obscure French razors lately. I try to find my collection with my collection, definitely don't want two blue tips (3 really, I have a mint user in a beast case).

I have to say I do not feel bad for you 🤣

I have 3 Blue Tips, one in great shape with no paint chipping or stains, and 2 user grades. …but no cases.

Shouldn’t have trouble getting them sold, once you decide which to cull.

Top Bottom