What's new

The Body Shop Sale!

Do check the ingredient list (or here) in the future before writing down nonsense, please. The Maca Root cream does not contain any parabens whatsoever, and even if it did, said 'garbage' will prevent other 'garbage'---namely bacteria and fungi---from holding a party in the product.

You're right...its just the std cream that's got parabens in it.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Stearic Acid (Emulsifier), Myristic Acid (Emulsifier), Potassium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Coconut Acid (Surfactant), Glycerin (Humectant), Triethanolamine (pH Adjuster), Parfum (Fragrance), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Sesamum indicum (Sesame Oil) (Emollient), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Butylparaben (Preservative), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Retinyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Tetrasodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient).

I have to say the phrasing of your post was ungentlemanly and rude. I'd also much rather a product with a shorter shelf-life than one that contains these chemicals.

Last edited:
You're right...its just the std cream that's got parabens in it.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Stearic Acid (Emulsifier), Myristic Acid (Emulsifier), Potassium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Coconut Acid (Surfactant), Glycerin (Humectant), Triethanolamine (pH Adjuster), Parfum (Fragrance), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Sesamum indicum (Sesame Oil) (Emollient), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Butylparaben (Preservative), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Retinyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Tetrasodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient).

I have to say the phrasing of your post was ungentlemanly and rude. I'd also much rather a product with a shorter shelf-life than one that contains these chemicals.

If you want to shave without "chemicals" I suggest Hydrolast or maybe just water. Wait, isn't H2O a chemical compound? Just kidding, seriously check out Hydrolast. No chemicals.

You are right: I was unnecessarily curt and rude in my contribution, and for that I offer you my apologies.

I will not, however, take back the more or less hidden message that parabens---conservatives in general---are good things. You are of the opinion that a shorter shelf life outweighs the presence of these 'chemicals', but you have no idea of the conditions under which the creams are stored, and how long it takes before a tub(e) reaches you, the customer. Once bought, the tub(e) is used in a rather warm and moist environment; and especially as shaving enthusiast, may take a while to be used all up. If the cream were sold in a metal tube there would be far less need for preservatives as there would be very little contact with air; that is not the case for the current Body Shop products. However, metal tubes introduce problems all their own: they are susceptible to mechanical failure, rust, and need either coating or specially formulated products to prevent the metal from dissolving and spoiling the product it is supposed to protect.

Bottom line: there is a reason these compounds are added; they are not there for prettying up the ingredient list.

Top Bottom