What's new

The Blades Grim : what's the scoop?

As for the Grim Blades, the straightrazorplace site/forum has actually put them on their "Do not buy" list. With the high prices and/or QC uncertainties, I decided on just getting a second vintage blade myself.

If you are still looking for a razor, Jerry Stark from northern Arizona is making a really nice custom product for a pretty reasonable price..as far as custom work goes.

I have actually decided to dive in with my son. I purchased a honed and shave ready set of Gold Dollars from Wet Shaving Products here in the Phoenix area. They were honed by Lee who owns the business and I can tell you those babys were shave ready. Simple. Inexpensive. Not fancy. But they are sharp and made a great intro to the straight world.

I also spent money on a Boker King Cutter from another retail outfit. I could have saved myself a lot of time and trouble if I had gone through Lee at WSP first. The Boker was not shave ready out of the gate. And it was $200 more than the Gold Dollar. Lee at WSP made it shave ready. Twice. Insert long sad story here ">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>".

I appreciate the Boker for what it is: a pretty razor that is a very fine German blade. I can also appreciate the Gold Dollars for what they are: sharp and ready to go even if they aren't pretty or a "fine product." As Lee at WSP said "One is a BMW. The other is a Daewoo. They will both drive you to the mall"

Top Bottom