What's new

The best shave I've ever gotten with a SE Razor! Razor & blade combo may surprise you.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'll replace the blade and see what happens with it. Thanks!

Try it with a lubricant. Just a drop, spread around, should do it. Anyway, that's my plan when I need a new blade.

Of course, I have three razors with TWINS, so it may be awhile if I rotate them.

Happy shaves,

Jim

After years of searching for the perfect combination of razor and blade I have to agree with this thread. I have tried modern and vintage, but for me this provides the most irritation free shaves.

It may be that you have a bum blade. They are rare but occasionally show up. I had one a relatively short time ago. I’ve also found that the first one or two shaves may be rough but they do smooth out.

Try it with a lubricant. Just a drop, spread around, should do it. Anyway, that's my plan when I need a new blade.

Of course, I have three razors with TWINS, so it may be awhile if I rotate them.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Bad blade was the answer. Didn't see your suggestion until after I'd switched it out, Jim @Chan Eil Whiskers, but no troubles with it at all. Thanks for the help gents!

Thanks to @Peter's coin for directing me to this thread - it’s a great read.
I use the Japanese Schick IIs in my Personna Floating Head and, as all agree, it’s a phenomenal blade.

It’s great that, unlike many of the ultimate blades which had a production run of a few years in the 1970s, this blade is readily available now brand new!

After years of searching for the perfect combination of razor and blade I have to agree with this thread. I have tried modern and vintage, but for me this provides the most irritation free shaves.

So glad you found what I found out after my first shave with it and started this thread. I think this razor blade combo has been under the radar gun for way to long.
Only two razors in my den offer the perfect balance of efficiency and smoothness in one razor. The Schick Type M and my Paradigm 17-4.
Great shaves!

@Dragonsbeard said: “Only two razors in my den offer the perfect balance of efficiency and smoothness in one razor. The Schick Type M and my Paradigm 17-4.”

No No No! “Perfect balance of efficiency and smoothness in one razor”, you meant to say...

PERSONNA FLOATING HEAD INJECTOR WITH JAPANESE SCHICK II TWIN BLADE, Right????

@Dragonsbeard said: “Only two razors in my den offer the perfect balance of efficiency and smoothness in one razor. The Schick Type M and my Paradigm 17-4.”

No No No! “Perfect balance of efficiency and smoothness in one razor”, you meant to say...

I thoroughly endorse the above statement!

I just recently took possession of what I believe to be is a great looking M2 adjuster. It is the model with sliding lever that pushes up the safety bar to protect blade edge. Will try to get pics up sometime in the coming days.

While I still prefer DE for daily driving I have always wanted at least one of the adjustable injector models.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I just recently took possession of what I believe to be is a great looking M2 adjuster. It is the model with sliding lever that pushes up the safety bar to protect blade edge. Will try to get pics up sometime in the coming days.

While I still prefer DE for daily driving I have always wanted at least one of the adjustable injector models.

Ah, The Protector! I'll be interested in the photos. Is it an M2? Are all of them M2? The ones I've seen seem to be.

You will want TWIN blades for that baby if you want the best results it can deliver.

I have one in transit. It may arrive today.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Ah, The Protector! I'll be interested in the photos. Is it an M2? Are all of them M2? The ones I've seen seem to be.

You will want TWIN blades for that baby if you want the best results it can deliver.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Yep that's the one. I'll try to get pics up either later this evening or tomorrow :)

Haha! No I meant exactly what I said!
With that said unfortunately I don’t have the Personna Floating Head but now you’ve got my curiosity going so I’ll have to look them up.
:thumbup1:

I think this thread has single-handedly raised the going rate for adjustable Schicks in the past few weeks. Not that cheap anymore.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I think this thread has single-handedly raised the going rate for adjustable Schicks in the past few weeks. Not that cheap anymore.

proxy.php

Happy shaves,

Jim

So I was told this is the M2 but I don't know anything about the Schick adjustables. I do want to hunt down some twin blades now :thumbup:

proxy.php

proxy.php

So I was told this is the M2 but I don't know anything about the Schick adjustables. I do want to hunt down some twin blades now :thumbup:

proxy.php

proxy.php

It does look like an M-2! Great condition from the pictures! It is an amazing razor with the TWINs. If you have any less good injector blades, you'll want to insert one of those before the TWIN blade. It looks like there is a blade guard feature on your M-2. I thought it was unique to the M-3, but there is a finger knob on the bottom of the razor just like on the M-3. Very interesting. Nice find sir! I hope you enjoy the TWINs!

Top Bottom