What's new

The best shave I've ever gotten with a SE Razor! Razor & blade combo may surprise you.

I forgot to ask if anyone has compared how do these blades NOS Schick twin injector blades 1973 compares to the current Japanese Schick Twin II blades as far as efficiency and longevity?
I have quite a few of these NOS Schick twin injector blades which are currently being sold for $24.95 for 2 blades on the auction sites, far more costly compared to the current Japanese Schick twin injector blades.
I realized I also have the Schick M3 aka "protector". I didn't know the blade gaps were different and had a "protection " mechanism compared to the other Schick adjustable dials.
I thought mine just didn't have the insert in the spine or was removed, good to know it was made this way.

I placed an NOS Schick twin injector blade on this one but haven't tried it yet.
I just had a really close smooth shave with a RR Satin Silver Hawk with Schick Proline blades so I will wait until I have a couple days of growth before trying the M3 .

Would like to know if anyone has compared these blades with the current Japanese Schick twin injector blades.

Thanks for all the info and feedback.
Schickprotector.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I forgot to ask if anyone has compared how do these blades NOS Schick twin injector blades 1973 compares to the current Japanese Schick Twin II blades as far as efficiency and longevity?
I have quite a few of these NOS Schick twin injector blades which are currently being sold for $24.95 for 2 blades on the auction sites, far more costly compared to the current Japanese Schick twin injector blades.
I realized I also have the Schick M3 aka "protector". I didn't know the blade gaps were different and had a "protection " mechanism compared to the other Schick adjustable dials.
I thought mine just didn't have the insert in the spine or was removed, good to know it was made this way.

I placed an NOS Schick twin injector blade on this one but haven't tried it yet.
I just had a really close smooth shave with a RR Satin Silver Hawk with Schick Proline blades so I will wait until I have a couple days of growth before trying the M3 .

Would like to know if anyone has compared these blades with the current Japanese Schick twin injector blades.

Thanks for all the info and feedback. View attachment 858907

Ah, another Type M3 Protector. Cool.

HAHA! I actually think your right and that goes for the twin blades as well. I just got a notice on ebay and the price went up to $31 shipped as they were only $27 last month when I made my last order. Oh boy I better get a backup Type M before they start going for big money.
:a17:

Injector-Insanity!!! Check out the price below. I ended up getting a M1 Dial for 29.99 shipped. It should be here Thursday, can't wait to try it out with the Japanese twin blades.
injector.jpg

They seem to get a lot of love here but I hated the M and O with or without twins. Twins in the H on the other hand work great for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I've been using my M2 (I believe thats correct for mine) with Proline B-20s for a few weeks and had some amazing shaves with it.
Just got a NOS L1 and a pack of Twins and had even better shaves - didn't think that was possible! Going to try a Twin in my M2 when the Proline dulls.

This is mine.
upload_2018-2-12_18-15-11.jpeg

Cost me all of £11.50. There are bargains to be had still, if you keep your eyes open and are quick.

I like mine so much I'm on the hunt for another as backup - at the right price of course :001_smile

Injector-Insanity!!! Check out the price below. I ended up getting a M1 Dial for 29.99 shipped. It should be here Thursday, can't wait to try it out with the Japanese twin blades.
View attachment 859895
Wow! That’s the highest price I’ve seen yet for a Type M Adjustable. You got one for a good price. I mean once paired with the Twin blade it will out shave a lot of Razors costing a whole lot more and you’ll get an incredible smooth efficient irritation free shave from it.
Congrats on the M and keep us updated once you take it for a spin.
:a17:

I've been using my M2 (I believe thats correct for mine) with Proline B-20s for a few weeks and had some amazing shaves with it.
Just got a NOS L1 and a pack of Twins and had even better shaves - didn't think that was possible! Going to try a Twin in my M2 when the Proline dulls.

This is mine.
View attachment 859908

Cost me all of £11.50. There are bargains to be had still, if you keep your eyes open and are quick.

I like mine so much I'm on the hunt for another as backup - at the right price of course :001_smile

I believe it actually is an M-1. Jim @Chan Eil Whiskers pointed it out to me. I call mine an M-1a, it looks identical to yours. The M-1 typically has the "Schick Dial" on the handle insert and the M-2 says "Adjustable by Schick" on the handle. The telling part between the M-1 and the later versions is the adjusting dial itself. The later versions have a cross on them, while the M-1s do not. I call it the M-1a as the insert says "Schick Adjustable" not "Dial". The M-3 doesn't have an insert and is nicknamed "The Protector" because of its blade protecting mechanism (which exists on some M-2s hilariously enough). The thing to keep in mind with the classification system is that it was not invented nor endorsed by Schick. The guy who created the Schick injectors page on safetyrazors.net appears to be the one who invented the categorization system to make it easier to discuss and compare the Schick Injectors. He may not have originated it but instead co-opted someone else's system. What I'm getting at, is that with any system that isn't designed by the company will have flaws. Especially when it is retrospectively applied to a group of razors that are notorious for having many different varieties and options that have not been produced for many years. His system also may not be all inclusive, missing a few razors within each category (like our M-1s).

I believe it actually is an M-1. Jim @Chan Eil Whiskers pointed it out to me. I call mine an M-1a, it looks identical to yours. The M-1 typically has the "Schick Dial" on the handle insert and the M-2 says "Adjustable by Schick" on the handle. The telling part between the M-1 and the later versions is the adjusting dial itself. The later versions have a cross on them, while the M-1s do not. I call it the M-1a as the insert says "Schick Adjustable" not "Dial". The M-3 doesn't have an insert and is nicknamed "The Protector" because of its blade protecting mechanism (which exists on some M-2s hilariously enough). The thing to keep in mind with the classification system is that it was not invented nor endorsed by Schick. The guy who created the Schick injectors page on safetyrazors.net appears to be the one who invented the categorization system to make it easier to discuss and compare the Schick Injectors. He may not have originated it but instead co-opted someone else's system. What I'm getting at, is that with any system that isn't designed by the company will have flaws. Especially when it is retrospectively applied to a group of razors that are notorious for having many different varieties and options that have not been produced for many years. His system also may not be all inclusive, missing a few razors within each category (like our M-1s).
interesting info and now I'll have to check mine out when I get home.
Thanks!

Thanks for that Joel :001_smile.

I was aware of safetyrazors.net and his method of classification. I've been using it as a reference when hunting for Schicks - and it seems to have caught on, even some savvy sellers on ebay are using his letter naming convention.

With that in mind, I think I'll just refer to mine as an M :001_rolle

But for me the M is fast becoming my favourite razor. Being able to dial it in to suit my preference makes it a no brainer.

Thanks for that Joel :001_smile.

I was aware of safetyrazors.net and his method of classification. I've been using it as a reference when hunting for Schicks - and it seems to have caught on, even some savvy sellers on ebay are using his letter naming convention.

With that in mind, I think I'll just refer to mine as an M :001_rolle

But for me the M is fast becoming my favourite razor. Being able to dial it in to suit my preference makes it a no brainer.

Seems reasonable to call it an M to me! Dialing in your favorite setting is definitely a nice feature of it. I've come to prefer the TWIN blade in my O clone over the M, but I haven't tried out my L-1 yet. I have a feeling that razor may end up overtaking the O clone with the shorter handle and lighter overall weight. The M definitely still has a place in my den, though and won't be leaving it.

Prices seem to be climbing on all good condition injector adjustables I just saw one go higher than any before but it was a NOS one and there were a lot of bidders..

Same with prices on the Euro side of the Pond.
I had a thought to collect all the variants of the adjustables (think there are 4 of them, more if you include Gold Tone) but the prices are definately on the up.
Even compared to 2 or 3 months ago.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Prices seem to be climbing on all good condition injector adjustables I just saw one go higher than any before but it was a NOS one and there were a lot of bidders..

I'm driving the prices up. They see me coming. I'll quit bidding or buying.

Hey, everybody. These injectors stink. Do not buy them.

That should fix the problem, Frank.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I'm driving the prices up. They see me coming. I'll quit bidding or buying.

Hey, everybody. These injectors stink. Do not buy them.

That should fix the problem, Frank.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I hate to admit it but I think this thread had something to do with it...lol if you look on all the other forums they now have a thread similar to this one. Copycats LOL

Did you or anyone see the authentic Schick Type O razor for sale? I think it's over $350! Also a NOS Type M Adjustable sold for almost $100.. so I guess the days of the $12 adjustables are over.. Glad I got mine when I did. Now we need someone to make a SS modern version of one and I'd be all over that.

Great shaves!

I have a Type O that I bought about 2 weeks ago. I bartered the seller down and didn't pay anything near what he was originaly asking.
That being said it still wasn't cheap. But, I have no regrets, it's a wonderfull shaver with a Twin blade and I'm hoping it will last me a lifetime.
All my other Injectors I picked up really cheap and all in either NOS or mint condition. My adjustable cost me £11.50 a couple of months ago - an absolute bargain condidering how good a shaver it is.

The problem for me, living in the UK, is the clone is not available. I did get an offer of help in getting me one from a kind member, but didn't take up the offer as I had already bought my original type O.

The seller my Type O came from has put up another for sale. I looked through his history a bit and noticed he's sold a few over the past months. I'm guessing he's got a source for these from Japan as he's also selling Japanese blades, mainly AC blades.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I saw the Type O listing—if I remember correctly, the price is $384! Type “O!” Indeed!

Mine was expensive, but a huge bargain compared to this.

SchickTypeO.ebarbershopTypeOClone.TopJPG.JPG

The ebarbershop Type O clone is 100% exactly the same but for the words injector and Schick on the original. The razors look to have been made on the same machines, from the same materials, by the same people, on the same day. Not saying they were made in the same decade and hemisphere, but that's how they look and function.

In the photo the sizes look different, but they're the same size.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom