What's new

The best shave I've ever gotten with a SE Razor! Razor & blade combo may surprise you.

WOW it does fit right in the 1914 with no modifications right? An thank you for posting the photos..much appreciated sir! I think I have a 1914.

Reason I say I think I have one is I've thinned out the den of a lot of Gems and an at least one Eveready I remember as I had way to many.. I was in a GEM RAD period a little over a yr ago and went a little crazy. I mean I had 8 1912's which is nuts. LOL
No mods needed. Just make sure it is the 1914 with the blade stops and not just the nubs.

As far as all the razors...nuts? who are we to judge?:001_smile

$4+ Gillette Fusion
$2.70 Japanese Schick II
$.37 Schick Proline
$.15 GEM SS PTFE

I don't think the Schick II blades can beat the Proline or the GEM blade, even at 50+ shaves!

I haven't fully decided yet. It is quite heavy, and I made the mistake of getting the polished chrome which is very slick in the hand. Alum helps solve that slipperiness, but I haven't gotten the angle and pressure quite right with it ever. I put it aside for a bit again as I learn my colonial general SS.

I have been following your SE comparison posts with interest as they seem to work well for me. I have been considering the Type O Clone but if the Type M is better than the O clone I think I know what I'm going to be getting...
Well you have the SS General and that's a good shaver. I have the Brass and I really like it a lot. As far as the Clone vs the M type there is no right or wrong. The Clone is my shower shaver and I when I want a very quick, like 3 min quick shave that is what I reach for. The M is definitely more efficient at least on the setting I used but don't sell the Clone short and for what it costs it's a bargain in my opinion. Check out my shave comparison when I compared the Clone to a Gunmetal Genesis V2...very close in shave... very not close in price! lol
Good hunting! :thumbup1:

Well you have the SS General and that's a good shaver. I have the Brass and I really like it a lot. As far as the Clone vs the M type there is no right or wrong. The Clone is my shower shaver and I when I want a very quick, like 3 min quick shave that is what I reach for. The M is definitely more efficient at least on the setting I used but don't sell the Clone short and for what it costs it's a bargain in my opinion. Check out my shave comparison when I compared the Clone to a Gunmetal Genesis V2...very close in shave... very not close in price! lol
Good hunting! :thumbup1:

Hunt finished already... Impulse buy and I really didn't need any more razors, but got 3 injectors, one of which is a Type M with the 1, 3, 5, 7 on the dial separated by dots. One looks to be in less good shape with some green oxidation on the underside of the brass (think its a type I) and the other is a type J. The lot was labeled as GEM razors, but definitely say Schick on all of the heads... I'll take the mislabeling as all of them were under $50 shipped. I'll order some twins from Japan and shave with a Chick in it until they arrive. I imagine the adjustable will allow me to get it exactly how I want, from an efficiency and comfort aspect. I have been looking for a smooth, efficient, quick shaving razor for awhile. This thread was timed just about perfectly.

$4+ Gillette Fusion
$2.70 Japanese Schick II
$.37 Schick Proline
$.15 GEM SS PTFE

I don't think the Schick II blades can beat the Proline or the GEM blade, even at 50+ shaves!
Where are you getting Prolines for $.37? Gems I know that answer and I've got 100 of them. Anthony if you use one blade every 50 shaves especially if that razor is in a rotation of even 3-5 razors it's gonna be a long time between blade changes so it all works out one way or the other. Gem PTFE blades last me about 6 shaves and Prolines I can get about 5 to 6 but that's pushing it as I notice a decline in smoothness. I'm on number 40 with the twins and no signs of dullness yet. In fact they seem to get better after about 8 to 10 shaves at least for me. Now if we are talking blades that are expensive like the FHS Feathers then I have an issue with those in many ways more than cost per blade.
I love all the blades listed above with the exception of the Fusion please LOL

Hunt finished already... Impulse buy and I really didn't need any more razors, but got 3 injectors, one of which is a Type M with the 1, 3, 5, 7 on the dial separated by dots. One looks to be in less good shape with some green oxidation on the underside of the brass (think its a type I) and the other is a type J. The lot was labeled as GEM razors, but definitely say Schick on all of the heads... I'll take the mislabeling as all of them were under $50 shipped. I'll order some twins from Japan and shave with a Chick in it until they arrive. I imagine the adjustable will allow me to get it exactly how I want, from an efficiency and comfort aspect. I have been looking for a smooth, efficient, quick shaving razor for awhile. This thread was timed just about perfectly.
Nice score! Thats happened to me before. Mislabeling or terrible photos and when the razor arrives it looks way better than in the photos or the description.

So out of the 3 razors you can use the twins in both the M and the J as far as I know.. maybe someone else knows if the type I will take them. The M is extremely smooth and very efficient at least on the 6 setting I used. I'm trying the highest setting in my next shave comparison to see if it gets even better.

Nice score! Thats happened to me before. Mislabeling or terrible photos and when the razor arrives it looks way better than in the photos or the description.

So out of the 3 razors you can use the twins in both the M and the J as far as I know.. maybe someone else knows if the type I will take them. The M is extremely smooth and very efficient at least on the 6 setting I used. I'm trying the highest setting in my next shave comparison to see if it gets even better.

Apparently the I and the J differ only in the handle, according to the Injector site linked earlier. In the photos on that site and in the auction photos, the heads on all three razors appear to be very similar in design. I have a feeling the twins will work in all of them. I'm pretty excited to get them in. The twins will take a bit longer, just placed my first order for ten now.

@Dragonsbeard
Since you have the Schick Type O clone and the Type M, is the clone heavier and feel like it’s better built?
The Clone is heavier by a little bit but not necessarily better built. I mean the Schick Type M has lasted how long?
Going to post photos of them in a minute. Good question and thanks!

E82766A7-459B-4B6E-BA2E-D56EF817EAF0.jpeg
36474B08-EA20-4B43-BD62-9F379D422772.jpeg
6FA4FC87-D1EF-4867-9EE1-FE0F93639F21.jpeg
Here’s a line up of some SE Razors with longer handles than any Gem I have so I left then out and I forgot the Genesis. Also a comparison of Clone and Type M

Had to include the Cart for Rabidus :lol:

Apparently the I and the J differ only in the handle, according to the Injector site linked earlier. In the photos on that site and in the auction photos, the heads on all three razors appear to be very similar in design. I have a feeling the twins will work in all of them. I'm pretty excited to get them in. The twins will take a bit longer, just placed my first order for ten now.

That will be great if they all take the twin blade.

Did you choose the Twins with Free shipping or the other ones that are cheaper in price but you have to pay shipping?

That will be great if they all take the twin blade.

Did you choose the Twins with Free shipping or the other ones that are cheaper in price but you have to pay shipping?

Jim @Chan Eil Whiskers linked them in another thread awhile back so I bought the ones from that link. I think it said I would pay a shipping fee. I think they were $14.60 without the shipping cost. Like 1450 Yen or so.

Jim @Chan Eil Whiskers linked them in another thread awhile back so I bought the ones from that link. I think it said I would pay a shipping fee. I think they were $14.60 without the shipping cost. Like 1450 Yen or so.
Yep there are only the two companies that ship them to the US. If you would please let me know how long it takes your to get to you. I used the Free Shipping ones twice now and the total is $27 to the USA but I'm interested which one gets them here faster.
Thank you!

Yep there are only the two companies that ship them to the US. If you would please let me know how long it takes your to get to you. I used the Free Shipping ones twice now and the total is $27 to the USA but I'm interested which one gets them here faster.
Thank you!

Will do! When I ordered my Prolines, I also paid for shipping. I think they got there within one week that time. I’ll either post here or pm you when they arrive.

Will do! When I ordered my Prolines, I also paid for shipping. I think they got there within one week that time. I’ll either post here or pm you when they arrive.
Thanks I just want to compare the two sources and see who delivers faster for future purchases. Thank you and for sure PM me! :thumbsup:

Thank you for the pictures. I have been meaning to buy the type o clone but I have 2 hydromagic, the Supply and the type m2 so I didn’t think it was necessary. I actually modified(broke) one of the hydromagic so I could manually load the Proline b in it but never got around to using it.

Where are you getting Prolines for $.37? Gems I know that answer and I've got 100 of them. Anthony if you use one blade every 50 shaves especially if that razor is in a rotation of even 3-5 razors it's gonna be a long time between blade changes so it all works out one way or the other. Gem PTFE blades last me about 6 shaves and Prolines I can get about 5 to 6 but that's pushing it as I notice a decline in smoothness. I'm on number 40 with the twins and no signs of dullness yet. In fact they seem to get better after about 8 to 10 shaves at least for me. Now if we are talking blades that are expensive like the FHS Feathers then I have an issue with those in many ways more than cost per blade.
I love all the blades listed above with the exception of the Fusion please LOL

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/ha-life/item/twoinone0550/

Pick small packet shipping. The blades cost ¥1060($9.38), the exchange rate changes the price slightly depending on what it is at the time of purchase. I buy 3-4 packs at a time, I have over 400 blades at the moment.

I get at least a dozen face shaves from the Proline or GEM blade!! I flip the blade over every shave.

The twin blade is an excellent blade, but there's no wow factor for me compared to the BBS I get from the Amazing surgically precise ATT SE1 every shave. It's not the most or least efficient razor there is but paired with a Schick Proline, it's simply perfect. The SE2 out performs the SE1 stroke for stroke but a better technique is required. The SE1 is at that perfect point were it is smooth, efficient, and safe, the perfect storm!

Got a little carried away there, my bad!

The Schick Dial is my favorite injector razor. :001_rolle

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/ha-life/item/twoinone0550/

Pick small packet shipping. The blades cost ¥1060($9.38), the exchange rate changes the price slightly depending on what it is at the time of purchase. I buy 3-4 packs at a time, I have over 400 blades at the moment.

I get at least a dozen face shaves from the Proline or GEM blade!! I flip the blade over every shave.

The twin blade is an excellent blade, but there's no wow factor for me compared to the BBS I get from the Amazing surgically precise ATT SE1 every shave. It's not the most or least efficient razor there is but paired with a Schick Proline, it's simply perfect. The SE2 out performs the SE1 stroke for stroke but a better technique is required. The SE1 is at that perfect point were it is smooth, efficient, and safe, the perfect storm!

Got a little carried away there, my bad!

The Schick Dial is my favorite injector razor. :001_rolle

I can see how you like the SE1 it is a smooth shaver and efficient as well. I have been focusing on the SE2 more and your right it is more efficient but not as smooth a shaver as the SE 1 is and for most not a razor you’d use if your shaving daily. Also as I mentioned although the Type M gave me an incredible shave as far as shave experience goes there is nothing like the feel of a all metal razor in hand. Especially on that demands some attention. I also find that some of my efficient vintage Razors add even more to the whole shave experience as there is also a respect factor that is added in.

I have a feeling that the guys who are strictly straight shavers look at DE or SE Razors like we look at Injectors as not as challenging or not giving them a real shave experience even though good shaves come from all formats.

I’ve shaved with a Feather Shavette before but back then my technique was nowhere near where it is today and I’m about to enter into that format with my first straight and I like the challenge but realistically because of time it would not be a razor I course during the work week.

Thank you for the links and info

Pm you shortly my friend :thumbup1:

I can see how you like the SE1 it is a smooth shaver and efficient as well. I have been focusing on the SE2 more and your right it is more efficient but not as smooth a shaver as the SE 1 is and for most not a razor you’d use if your shaving daily. Also as I mentioned although the Type M gave me an incredible shave as far as shave experience goes there is nothing like the feel of a all metal razor in hand. Especially on that demands some attention. I also find that some of my efficient vintage Razors add even more to the whole shave experience as there is also a respect factor that is added in.

I have a feeling that the guys who are strictly straight shavers look at DE or SE Razors like we look at Injectors as not as challenging or not giving them a real shave experience even though good shaves come from all formats.

I’ve shaved with a Feather Shavette before but back then my technique was nowhere near where it is today and I’m about to enter into that format with my first straight and I like the challenge but realistically because of time it would not be a razor I course during the work week.

Thank you for the links and info

Pm you shortly my friend :thumbup1:

I hear what you're saying!
1515341479067_image.jpg

Top Bottom