What's new

The best shave I've ever gotten with a SE Razor! Razor & blade combo may surprise you.

I must not be explaining my point correctly. There is no such razor as an O Ring, a Type O Ring, or a Schick Type O Ring. The razor is a Schick Type O. You have a Schick Type O Clone. There is no "ring" in the name.

Follow this link and you will see all of the Schick "types"..... Schick Injector Razors
Got it no ring in the name! And thanks for the link. I bookmarked it so I can read up on injectors as I'm new to them as I'm sure you can tell.

And thanks for the link. I bookmarked it so I can read up on injectors as I'm new to them as I'm sure you can tell.

No problem. Someone, at some point must have misspoken, and then it caught on. If you love injectors, there's a lot out there to collect. And since they aren't as popular, or as well known and understood as DE & SE, they are usually very cheap when you find them at antique stores. Happy Hunting!

No problem. Someone, at some point must have misspoken, and then it caught on. If you love injectors, there's a lot out there to collect. And since they aren't as popular, or as well known and understood as DE & SE, they are usually very cheap when you find them at antique stores. Happy Hunting!
Exactly what happened and that's how I got to calling it the O Ring Clone. So thanks for the info and I'll keep my eyes open because the shave was so good I want a backup for sure.
Thanks again for the info! :thumbsup:

Well get to it my friend!

Well...the handle's too long, not round, the blade is too narrow and the blade stops narrows it even more, other than that, the Dial is a fantastic razor! :001_tt2:

It's actually my favorite injector!

The Gillette twin blade was great on my face. On two day growth on my head shave it was not so great. It pulled and left me with razor bumps, wasn't comfy at all. Used them in the L type.

I'm making progress, started using the MMOC again on my head shave. The SE1 is really hard to put down.

I'm sure the Japanese Twin blades will perform well in the Dial, doubt it will dethrone the ATT SE1 though, I have strong feelings against razors that don't have round handles and that are long! And then there's the narrow blade thing.

Well...the handle's too long, not round, the blade is too narrow and the blade stops narrows it even more, other than that, the Dial is a fantastic razor! :001_tt2:

It's actually my favorite injector!

The Gillette twin blade was great on my face. On two day growth on my head shave it was not so great. It pulled and left me with razor bumps, wasn't comfy at all. Used them in the L type.

I'm making progress, started using the MMOC again on my head shave. The SE1 is really hard to put down.

I'm sure the Japanese Twin blades will perform well in the Dial, doubt it will dethrone the ATT SE1 though, I have strong feelings against razors that don't have round handles and that are long! And then there's the narrow blade thing.

Anthony you know I’ve shave with all the Razors I’ve listed in my OP and because it’s in the SR section I’m not even mentioning the DE’s that would be on that list. As far as SE Razors go my overall favorite up to this point is the Sabre L2. It is not quite as efficient as the SE2 but more so than the SE1 but a lot smoother shaver. This shave was smoother and closer than any of the Razors’s on that list. Yes I’ve gotten a Level 2 BBS from other Razors on that list but not quite as close and definitely not as smooth or without some irritation. I can not comment on a head shave as I have hair on my head :lol: JK

With that said is the razor itself the ideal razor for me. The answer is no! I’m actually more of a heavy weight razor fan and I like a 3 1/2 “ Handle. It’s that blade that’s special. Doesn’t matter about the length as it’s not as long as an AC but longer than a DE. It’s just sharper and again smoother than any blade I’ve put against my face. I’m going to do a few comparison shaves in the next few days. I’m using both the SE2 and Sabre L2 to capmpare so a Gem and a Proline. I have one DE shave comparison to do with my next shave but after that I’m concentrating on this combo. I will PM you on why tonight or tomorrow. So hang tight and I’ll explain.

:thumbup1:

My favorites would be the Type L-3 "The Grip" with the tennis racket handle, loaded with a twin injector blade, and the Schick Injector Adjustable loaded with a regular Schick injector blade.

Injector shaving at its finest!

My favorites would be the Type L-3 "The Grip" with the tennis racket handle, loaded with a twin injector blade, and the Schick Injector Adjustable loaded with a regular Schick injector blade.

Injector shaving at its finest!
I’m new to injector Razors but I’ve been wet shaving for 8yrs now. I’ve haven’t heard of a Type L-3 but I’ll look it up. On my next shave I’m going to do a comparison between either the ATT SE2 or Sabre L2 which are the two most Efficient SE Razors in my den and see how the Schick Adjustable compares on an even higher setting than i used in this last Shave. Should be interesting as this last shave was the closest and smoothest Shave I’ve ever gotten from any SE razor on my OP list but I want to do a side by side to be absolutely positive it wasn’t just a one time perfect shave that can’t be duplicated.

Regular injector blades are great,
Anthony you know I’ve shave with all the Razors I’ve listed in my OP and because it’s in the SR section I’m not even mentioning the DE’s that would be on that list. As far as SE Razors go my overall favorite up to this point is the Sabre L2. It is not quite as efficient as the SE2 but more so than the SE1 but a lot smoother shaver. This shave was smoother and closer than any of the Razors’s on that list. Yes I’ve gotten a Level 2 BBS from other Razors on that list but not quite as close and definitely not as smooth or without some irritation. I can not comment on a head shave as I have hair on my head :lol: JK

With that said is the razor itself the ideal razor for me. The answer is no! I’m actually more of a heavy weight razor fan and I like a 3 1/2 “ Handle. It’s that blade that’s special. Doesn’t matter about the length as it’s not as long as an AC but longer than a DE. It’s just sharper and again smoother than any blade I’ve put against my face. I’m going to do a few comparison shaves in the next few days. I’m using both the SE2 and Sabre L2 to capmpare so a Gem and a Proline. I have one DE shave comparison to do with my next shave but after that I’m concentrating on this combo. I will PM you on why tonight or tomorrow. So hang tight and I’ll explain.

:thumbup1:

I haven't tried the Proline B blade, but I would imagine they're the same as the Proline P blade with a different width to fit the injectors.

On another note, yesterday's shave was on 72 hours growth and I have to admit that the experience was better than shaving 24 hours growth. The results seemed to last longer and the SE1 seemed even more efficient. That was the first time I went that long without shaving in years.

Last edited:
Regular injector blades are great,

I haven't tried the Proline B blade, but I would imagine they're the same as the Proline P blade with a different width to fit the injectors.

On another note, yesterday's shave was on 72 hours growth and I have to admit that the experience was better than shaving 24 hours growth. The results seemed to last longer and the SE1 seemed even more efficient. That was the first time I went that long without shaving in years.

WOW 72hrs growth! That's impressive. I'd think you'd have to knock it down with a clipper first before shaving. I went 4 days not that long ago without a shave and if memory serves me right I used the R41 and got a great shave. Sometimes I think if I go 2 to 3 days and shave with an efficient razor I always seem to get a really good shave. Don't know why but it seems that way. Be in touch by pm later in the day. At work now.

Today is the second shave w/a Schick Injector (J-2) using a Pella blade. I don't know if it's the blade or if I just haven't gotten the hang of it yet but I get a lot more weepers w/this combination than when I use my DE razors no matter what the blade. I tried to consciously just let the razor do the talking this time around; I may have pushed too hard the first time - not used to the light weight. I just did WTG and ATG the first time; this time I did all three passes and the weepers were fewer than the first time I think because I focused more on the pressure (or lack thereof) of the razor on my face. For those of you that use both or are experienced w/this style of razor, is it your experience that you have to pay more attention to pressure than with other razors?

The Pella blade is a Personna and they cause me a lot of weepers. I prefer the Chinese Schicks but they are more expensive and somewhat inconsistent.

The Pella blade is a Personna and they cause me a lot of weepers. I prefer the Chinese Schicks but they are more expensive and somewhat inconsistent.

I've read about those but haven't picked any up yet. I might have to try them instead. Otherwise, I like how the razor shaves.

Top Bottom