What's new

The B&B Face Latherers Club United - come in and join the club, please !

Whipped dog Silvertip with Mama Bears Marauders citrus. Soap the face, add a little water, brush again and go. Seems like the whiskers are more "shave ready" when you face lather.

I had a rough time with razor burn on my first SR shave yesterday. So I only had a one pass shave with my EJ89. Finished with some Proraso white. Be kind to the face I abused yesterday. LOL

My new brush from Alex arrived yesterday.

I'm well chuffed with it, as he made it completely to my custom spec :cool:

proxy.php

proxy.php

After a couple of test lathers

proxy.php

The handle has the same dimensions as a Chubby 2, made from Walnut and given the Tru-Oil treatment.

The Knot is a 26mm TGN Finest 2-Band set at a 48mm loft.

With the rest of the face lathering gang.

proxy.php

- SOC Cherry Boar (24x57)
- Rod Neep African Stone Extra Silvertip (26x48)
- Gecko Stumpy Finest 2-band (26x48)
- Simpson Duke 2 Best (22x45)
- Fred Dickinson & Gilroy travel boar

I'll test it out properly shortly!

Steve

Thanks Juan, i'm very happy with the brush :thumbup:

I just had my first shave with it using this kit:-

Prep: Cold Water Splash, Nuage Oil
Razor: Red Tip Rocket
Blade: 7 O'Clock Permasharp (1)
Brush: Gecko Stumpy 2-Band
Soap: VITOS Super Extra Coconut
Aftershave: Floid 'The Genuine'

My thoughts on the brush

My first use of this brush, nice soft face feel, plenty of backbone and whipped up a lovely slick lather very quickly on my face.

Obviously it will take a little time to get used to the soap loading/water ratio, but from my first use i can see this one being an awesome brush for face lathering.

Yup. Despite some opinions out there I too think a badger brush needs to break in. Once my TGN Finest 2-band passed its training period it became a lathering machine. Perfect water absorption. Perfect loading. Great backbone and pillowy soft tips.

Last edited:
I didn't even have to read the names - I recognized the Rod Neep stone right off. I've got one too; great heavy brush.

That's brush is my favourite, i love the weight of it and the knot is awesome, very luxurious like a massive pillow on the face, haha.

I was thinking of buying a 2-band knot and getting Rod to make me another Stone handle as he didn't used to sell 26mm 2-band's, not sure if he does now or not though.

I need to get my tube cream technique down, I think Speick cream needs to be on the tips of my badger not in the middle which works for Proraso. Live and learn still got a super shave and love that Speick smell, followed by Speick AS

Top Bottom