What's new

The accidental superlather

I've never given much thought to superlathering, I just like to keep things simple and use a cream or a soap. Anyway I was forced into it by circumstances beyond my control, and I found it worked pretty darned good.

"Circumstances beyond your control?" you may ask. Yes! I happened to notice my tube of Muhle cream sitting on the shelf, and decided to take a quick sniff to help me decide if I should use it the next morning. When I opened the tube, a fat squeeze of cream came pouring out by itself. A quick inspection revealed that one of my kids had decided to twist the "tube key" or whatever it's called, that little metal doohicky that you can roll up the tube with as you use it.

What was I to do? I wasn't about to toss out a good squeeze of cream, especially a cream that only comes in 2.5 oz tubes. The only solution at hand was to wipe it onto my puck of Williams that was sitting nearby, and leave it for the next morning.

Results: fantastic! A smooth and comfortable shave. And I have to say that the smell of Muhle and Williams together is sublime. :w00t: It's like when the guy carrying a chocolate bar collided with the guy carrying a jar of peanut butter - together they're better than ever. I might just try this again, but on purpose this time!

I've been meaning to try superlather for a while, but does anyone know whether it will work with any combination of soap and cream.

The only soaps I have are triple-milled, so would it work with them?

Oh, and congrats on discovering a great new way to build great lather (I hope you thanked your kids!).

Don't tell the kids you liked it. You'll walk into the bathroom with the entire tube squeezed out in the counter. Of course, it will give you an excuse to shave again.

Don't tell the kids you liked it. You'll walk into the bathroom with the entire tube squeezed out in the counter. Of course, it will give you an excuse to shave again.
LOL, I can see that happening. When they were very small, one of my kids washed our furniture down with a jar of vaseline. :eek: Thank goodness these things are happening less often now.

I've been meaning to try superlather for a while, but does anyone know whether it will work with any combination of soap and cream.

Oh, and congrats on discovering a great new way to build great lather (I hope you thanked your kids!).
I've done it with both types of soap without problems. KMF works well with both since it doesn't have much scent.

Mixing hard soaps and creams do produce great lathers. One of my favorites is mixing a bay rum hard soap with a touch of any kind of limes cream; super lather, super scent. Limes and coconut also works well if you like pina coladas.

It will work with triple milled soaps just fine.

Btw, I'm a huge fan of Ahmed the dead terrorist...I Kill You!!!!!!!!!

Raf

Very interesting combination. I haven't ventured to try super lather yet, but I'm headed to PCC to pick up a bottle of KMF for my shave this evening.

I heartily recommend everyone give superlather a try. My favorite superlathers come from thick, rich creams and triple-milled soaps. You're only limited by what you've got and your imagination. Enjoy!!

You can mix anything. If I have a cream that doesn't lather well, or a soap, I'll mix it with something else. Usually with great results! I've even mixed two creams, especially when I like the way one smells, and another one lathers.

I haven't done this in a long time....I'm going to try to throw some cream on my Williams tomorrow morning! Thanks for the reminder.

Created a superlather this morning with Williams and T&H Ultimate Comfort...was the best shave I have had in a while.

Another superlather fan here!

Used Kent shaving soap with williams shaving cream last shave, great lather & I love the smell.

Last edited:
Top Bottom