What's new

Thanksgiving Meal?

Allergic to turkey, will have stuffed pork chops and mashed taters, green beans and pumpkin pie.
Just my wife and I or we would have a big ham I would share and a smaller turkey for those bird lovers.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
IMG_2805.jpeg

I spatchcocked and smoked a 23 pounder. Forgot to get a pic and it’s all gone now (we host a ton of people). I’ve smoked larger ones in the past, but going forward I think I’d rather do 2 smaller ones. I like the turkey fine, but would prefer smoked brisket or chuck roast. I’ll do that for Christmas.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
Q. Anyone serving Turducken (last year we had smoked oyster, bacon and leek dressing [w/ a even mix of cornbread and french bread]), and Cranberry Sauce w/ Apples & Port, 5 cheese Mac & Cheese...btw...extra sharp cheddar, American or Velveeta cheese, smoked gouda, smoked gruyere, and colby jack works good too),...besides the usual suspects...opps I meant 'side fixings'),
this year?

Turducken With Creole Pork & Cornbread 10Lb

"Turducken: It's like 'Inception' with poultry". Author Unknown
DesertIquana:
proxy.php
This year we had no bird, but we did have Glazed Ham w/ Pineapples & Raisins besides the '
proxy.php
' (i.e., side fixings...5 Cheese Mac & Cheese, Southern Cornbread Dressing, Glazed Sweet Potatoes, Fresh Cranberry Sauce w/ Cognac et.al). 🤤

1700785119846.png

chef-1-jpg.803329
"[Glazed Ham w/ Pineapples & Raisins]...is a divine emotion: it fills the heart, but not to bursting; it warms it, but not to fever". Charlotte Brontë

Last edited:
Top Bottom