What's new

Thanksgiving Day contest with a t-w-i-s-t

proxy.php

Just posted this and all are welcome to join in. Good luck to each of you!

https://www.facebook.com/Captains-Choice-Products-339320752762428/

What if you don't do Facebook?

Fair question - lets do this. If you don't do Facebook then contribute here and I will enter the posts here with the posts on Facebook so that everyone has an even chance to win one of the THREE PRIZES.

Here is a copy/paste from the Facebook post and let's hear what you have to say. I would ask that you not post in both places, everyone is on your honor to post only once. Thanks for your help so everyone has an equal chance. Here is the original post:

With Thanksgiving upon us that can only mean one thing - time for a contest! This year we are going to put a little spin on it though. Tell us what you are thankful that you did. (Not what you are thankful FOR, but what you are glad in your life that you DID.)

There will be THREE chances to win - yes, The Captain is in a generous mood and is wants to have three winners of this contest. Each of the three winners will get to select an aftershave of their choice. Due to shipping regulations this is limited to CONUS only please.

The contest will run a few days at which time the three winners will be drawn by random.org. Have fun with this and a Happy Thanksgiving to each of you!

~ The Captain ~

23 years ago my girlfriend whom I had been with for 6 months became pregnant. I was given the option of just walking away. No strings attached. At that time in my life I was, well a bit of a party person. No real responsibilitys, had a job but running wild with no cares.
I stayed with her. We now have two beautiful daughters whom are our life and while the trip together has not been easy, the energy we both have put into it has paid off. I cannot imagine if I had gone the other way where I would be or the love and happiness I would have never experienced. It was and will remain the greatest "thing" I have done and probably will ever do. I love them so much.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Heartwarming post. Super story. Big kudos to you and her for sticking it out. Wish more people would do that.

23 years ago my girlfriend whom I had been with for 6 months became pregnant. I was given the option of just walking away. No strings attached. At that time in my life I was, well a bit of a party person. No real responsibilitys, had a job but running wild with no cares.
I stayed with her. We now have two beautiful daughters whom are our life and while the trip together has not been easy, the energy we both have put into it has paid off. I cannot imagine if I had gone the other way where I would be or the love and happiness I would have never experienced. It was and will remain the greatest "thing" I have done and probably will ever do. I love them so much.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Here's my "thankful for", but it takes a little explaining. When I was a young lad of single digit years, my father used to take my brother and I to our local airport to watch the planes. This was back in the days when the airlines would run scheduled service into some of the larger secondary airports (think 1970's, early 80's). We would watch the planes take off and land. I think on some level my dad wanted to be a pilot, but having a young family and single income (my mother stayed home with us) it just wasn't a possibility.

One time, one of those commercial flights dropped off its passengers, and the pilot saw all three of us watching with obvious interest. He came over and offered to let us ride along as he taxied to the back hangars. So, my brother and I each got to sit in the right (co-pilot) seat, not even remotely able to see over the instrument panel.

A year or so later, my father's friend, who was a pilot and a reserve officer in the Navy, had access to the local base's officer's flying club. He took the three of us up in a Cessna 182. Again, we could barely see out of the windows, being single-digit aged kids. But, it was still an amazing experience!

In 1996, I took what's called a "demo flight" (aka, "The First Hit Is Free"). Basically, you go up with an instructor in a small aircraft (think Piper Cherokee or Cessna 152/172) for a half hour, they show you a few things, and you come back down. Well, some people do. I didn't -- not really.

All four of these experiences stuck with me. In 2004, for a variety of reasons, I had the opportunity to do One Big Thing in life. It was one of those moments where a confluence of factors leads you to a crossroads, where you know that you have the opportunity to Do Something Big if you have the steel to take something out of your dreams and bring it to the real world.

In 2005, I earned my private pilot certificate, ending a path that started with six year old me watching planes with my dad and brother. I did it at the same field we visited oh so many years ago... and took those lessons in the same building we used to watch the planes from. My only regret is that my father was not alive to see this happen, but it would have been my distinct privilege and honor to have him as my very first passenger.

Earning that certificate is the one thing in life that I'm most grateful for having done. I've accomplished other things that I'm quite proud of, but joining the fraternity of pilots is what I'm most thankful for having done.

Last edited:
RS...well done on achieving one of your goals...i like to believe he was there and had a big grin on his face..

The winners have been announced on the Facebook post but neither of you here were selected for the three free bottles. Sorry about that but many thanks for participating.

Top Bottom