What's new

Thank You Windrider! A PIF'd straight!

A while back, Windrider posted a PIF for Fathers Day 2012.

I enrolled, and sent him a private message. We found we have quite a bit in common, both being fathers and both being active in the Prostate Cancer Foundation. Although I'm not in the military, my father was in the Air Force so I have a fond appreciation and respect for those who serve. It was neat to be a part of this PIF.

Time goes by, and I completely forgot about it. He wasn't going to choose a winner until well after Fathers Day and frankly my luck lately convinced me I wouldn't win anyways. Then that unknown PM comes through. It was him, letting me know I was the consolation winner. He basically said whatever the winner didn't choose, I would get. I didn't think much of it when he told me it would be a SE...in my mind thinking it was an Injector (cool, but probably not going to knock my DE off its pedestal). Then, I realized he was talking about a STRAIGHT!

Now, my mind is going in circles. I'm thinking to myself "Wow I can't believe I may be PIF'd a straight". See, I've always wanted to try one. I've had many straight razor headshaves, but never done one myself. At this point, I'm getting stoked and I don't even know what I've won :thumbup:

A few days pass, I believe he left town....just long enough for me to forget about it again. Late last week, he notified me of what would be sent to me and as you guessed it by now it was the straight. He said it would get here today, so I've been anxious to get to the mailbox. Open the package and what do I see?

$photo.jpg

An Extra Hallow Ground Hamburg Ring, made by the Atlantic Cutlery Co., Germany
As the note indicates a sample of his not-so-famous homemade Bay Rum AS (don't blame me when your inbox starts to blow up Sabin!)
An interesting 6" shaving brush by Avon of Japan...
and a stick or ARKO!

Windrider, I want you to know how much I've been looking forward to using a straight and how generous your PIF is! It's shave ready so looks like I've got some homework to do while it sits in the den mocking me :drool:

Thanks again!

I have that same brush, but it sheds like no tomorrow :(, so it just sits there looking pretty now, awesome adventures ahead, and good luck with the straight

Beauty! Shave ready and all?

Sure is! I'm looking into picking up what I need to care for it...have been directed to the poor man's strop at whipped dog. Good thing to get for first? I'm willing to pay more for better quality if its going to serve me better and for longer. If I'm just going to ruin it anyways, then that may not make sense.

Thoughts anyone?

Mods: If this should've been in the General straight razor forum please move it. Apologies if so.

Sure is! I'm looking into picking up what I need to care for it...have been directed to the poor man's strop at whipped dog. Good thing to get for first? I'm willing to pay more for better quality if its going to serve me better and for longer. If I'm just going to ruin it anyways, then that may not make sense.

Thoughts anyone?
Poor mans strop kit is just what you need.

Just ordered the PMS kit from Larry @ whipped dog and he was very nice. Informative. Helpful. Pleasure to order from...the kinda guy you want to support his business. Thanks Larry!

Top Bottom