What's new

Thank you Edwin Jagger

So the top cap of my DE89l finally came a cropper a while ago ( i don't remember how) and i switched to my 34C for shaving duties. Last weekend i decided i needed a change of razor and tried to fix the EJ. I drilled my cordless drill into the broken off bit in the handle and reversed it which unwound the offending piece stuck inside. Alas, the head was unrecoerable so i found an old cheap Chinese DE razor cap and swapped it out. The replacement cap didn't fit and left the razor funcional, but dangerous.
I contacted Edwin Jagger by email and they put me on to their repairs division who asked to see a pic. I duly obliged and within hours they told me i'd be getting a replacement within 5 days. The next morning a package arrived with a new head cap, and two samples of minty preshave cream and minty shaving cream. Included was a handwritten note. This morning i had an excellent shave with the razor and the very pleasant samples.
I wanted to write here because i think it's important to acknowledge outstanding customer service, and thank Edwin Jagger for treating their customers with respect and standing by their products. This was top-notch old school service, and was much appreciated.

That is great to hear. I think it is important that we make a point of recognising excellent customer service as it helps to reward good behaviour so to speak.

I had a very similar experience with Edwin Jagger.

Broken razor head, contacted them, sent pictures, they sent replacement and free samples.

Excellent customer service, indeed!

I've never had a problem with either my DE89 razor or Super Badger brush but I like what EJ is doing and I like their take on wet shaving. Good to know that they stand behind their products. I was disappointed to learn that the razors were, essentially, pot metal with a lovely chrome finish. I had thought it to be brass.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I was disappointed to learn that the razors were, essentially, pot metal with a lovely chrome finish. I had thought it to be brass.

Don't be too down on Zamak/gun metal/pot metal. IIRC Gillette started using heads made from pot metal during the Korean War and today there are lots and lots and lots of pot metal head Techs out there that are over a half century old, still being used and still looking good.

Two Gillette Techs with pot metal heads:
proxy.php

This is excellent service and needs to be encouraged. This sort of thing is why after trying lots of other classic and modern razors, I still shave with my Edwin Jagger most days. They know the top cap is a weak point and they are great about supplying replacements.

It could be wishful thinking but if there was enough demand it would be great if some day they made their famous DE89 head in stainless steel or brass.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
My top piece went down the drain.
Now I have to look for replacement part.

Replacements are available from Jagger (or English Shaving Company) for around £7.50 I think, which also includes 5 Feather blades. International shipping is only around £3-ish

Top Bottom