What's new

Thäter 2-band coming soon?

Good choice to go with a fan shape for a 2-band brush. The extreme bulb shape that Thater makes would probably not work very well with 2-band hair.

Agreed...a fan is a great choice for 2-band...the only thing to keep in mind is that they bloom bigger than bulbs...cover more real estate and just behave larger than the knot size would have you believe...I have a 28mm and a 30mm 2-band in fan shape and they feel quite large...

Agreed...a fan is a great choice for 2-band...the only thing to keep in mind is that they bloom bigger than bulbs...cover more real estate and just behave larger than the knot size would have you believe...I have a 28mm and a 30mm 2-band in fan shape and they feel quite large...

True, but 2-band doesn't bloom as big as thin Silvertip hair. At least that's my impression from the M&F brushes. I have a Rooney 1/1 Super and M&F 1/1 style, same specs, knot, loft, fan and the 2-band almost didn't bloom at all. I could not imagine that M&F brush with an (extreme) bulb shape, it would feel like lathering with a pencil.

I saw that blog about a month ago and decided then that my next brush will be the 2-band Thater. I've wanted a Thater for awhile and when I saw that, I knew I'd be waiting. I don't care if it is a year from now...I'll be getting one. I don't foresee any other brush purchases till then though.

Interesting. In my opinion, Thäter is king. Daddy wants.

AND IT IS FAN SHAPED!!! The planets have aligned in my universe - I can die happy now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom