What's new

Tested Several Brands Of Chinese/Korean blades, Full Details & PIF Available

For the past few weeks, due to rare documentation from other users, I tested several chinese (and one korean) razor blade companies lately, had some great experiences but also some not-so-great. Every blade was obtained via Aliexpress and arrived within 2-3 weeks. I'm still waiting on a brand called Cloud that has a favorable youtube review that I wanted to confirm for myself. If anybody wants pictures or direct links to order any of these products, request them. One thing I need to mention is that I only use a blade one time, unfortunetely I can not say how many shaves these will last but I am offering free PIF (where applicable) in the USA for anybody who wants to help out.

Lets start with the good ones:

:biggrin1:RiMei: Obviously RiMei is included, it wouldn't be a chinese razor review without them. Very smooth, glides effortlessly and produces a bbs shave without even thinking about it. They're the standard of quality chinese shaving products. This brand is mentioned once in a while because they're noted for their quality handles - as long as you don't get a counterfeit. If you want one, order it from dx.com because it's reasonable to assume anywhere else is carrying counterfeits. Again, I just wanted to confirm what everybody already knew. Prices are on-par for what the market is now, roughly $12-15 per 100.

:thumbup1: YingJili Platinum: There are three lines made by this chinese company: a 'regular', a 'platinum' and something called a 'diamond' which I ordered but have yet to try. This one completely surprised me, I used this one this morning and am still amazed. The packaging itself is very high quality, glossy and very sturdy. I've never seen a glossy print on a package of razor blades before, and I've tried at least 50 brands by now. The shave was also quite memorable, it mowed down a 2-day growth like it was nothing and gave a terrific BBS with again, a 3-pass. My neck feels very smooth and there is no evident razor burn. These blades are a bit pricey but 5 or 10 packs can be obtained for roughly $2, there's one store on Aliexpress named Qshave that exclusively carries all three lines of this brand and I can verify they are not counterfeit. I dont have any PIF's as I only bought a single pack of five blades, sorry.

:thumbup: BoYou: This is a relatively-unknown and underrated Korean company since 1989 who never got their foot in the door. They manufacture both double edge razor blades and handles that resemble a Rimei in the packaging (Ebay item #262535532996 for an example). I have not tested the handle yet, it's on order, but I have tested the blades. They remind me of a Dorco but with a higher quality hone and grind. There was a *very* slight tug on the first pass in a few parts, but it wasn't uncomfortable and in fact was very tolerable. After the first pass, I didn't notice. This blade also produced a very acceptable BBS, no burning/bleeding/irritation and can be had for $3 per 15 blades. I would take a BoYou over a Dorco any day. I also have a few extras if anybody wants a PIF, with the stipulation that a review will be posted because this brand needs some attention. There's no write-up on here, on reddit, on anywhere. If you go looking for the brand specifically, you'll come up short.

The Bad:

:thumbdown Blendax (AKA Blandax/Bloodax):
Horrible quality, could not finish a single swipe. Too much pulling and tugging, it was like shaving with a rusty can found in somebody's backyard.

:mad3: Patrix:
Same company as Blendax, and birds of a feather flock together. Terrible, not even worth mentioning past these initial two sentences.

:glare: GFLV:
These might be worth a try because they're 50 for roughly $4, and the packaging is really nice. I didn't like them because they had more tugging than I could tolerate but I was able to finish the job so some people will find these favorable. Again, I have many samples if anybody wants to volunteer themselves to be a lab rat.

Not Tested:

Baili: These are rebranded american personnas, no need. Moving along.

Gillette Super Blue/Shanghai: All of the ones on Aliexpress are counterfeit, the pictures posted by other users scared me away from even looking at them twice. There are some genuine ones and I know gillette has a company in shanghai that produces gillette wilkinson sword for the indian market, but I can not find them anywhere.

Thanks for the info on these blades.! I have a Yingjili Diamond that came with the Yingjili razor. X2 shaves so far & counting.

When I was looking at the YingJiLi blades, I noticed there were those 3 varieties, and I believe Baili also had 3 as well. Any chance the YinkJiLi blades could similarly be rebranded Personna?

As for the RiMei, do you have a good source selling those blades in 100 packs? I couldn't find any. Appears sold out on DX and the ones on AliExpress seem to be a different version from those that come packed with the razors.

When I was looking at the YingJiLi blades, I noticed there were those 3 varieties, and I believe Baili also had 3 as well. Any chance the YinkJiLi blades could similarly be rebranded Personna?

As for the RiMei, do you have a good source selling those blades in 100 packs? I couldn't find any. Appears sold out on DX and the ones on AliExpress seem to be a different version from those that come packed with the razors.

I don't believe they're rebranded personna because I've had bad experiences with them. The printing on the YingJili blades is very professional.

Rimei blades are on Aliexpress, 100 for $13 f/s: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-...-German-Technology-Stainless/32479456062.html
If you order a box, send me a few? I really like them but don't have any. We can trade if you want, I have about 15 brands.

I'm in. I would love to try and review any of the Chinese or Korean blades. I've only tried 1 Chinese blade (that I know of), the Gillette with the soccer ball on it. Several of us had a great time with the Graham-Field TBFH blades (which set the bar for truly horrible blades) and most of us lived to tell the tale (and we still sing of the bravery and sacrifice of the others).

I'm in, I'd like to try some of these Chinese and Korean blades. As @Grund pointed out, Graham-Field prep blades set the bar for horrible for almost all that tried them, so I'm interested in whether these will be better or worst.

PIF requests will recieve 1 GFLV blade, 1 YingJili Platinum (until I run out, I only have 3 left but ordered more) and 1 BoYou blade.

I'm in. I would love to try and review any of the Chinese or Korean blades. I've only tried 1 Chinese blade (that I know of), the Gillette with the soccer ball on it. Several of us had a great time with the Graham-Field TBFH blades (which set the bar for truly horrible blades) and most of us lived to tell the tale (and we still sing of the bravery and sacrifice of the others).

Received your PM, they're already in the mail

I'm in, I'd like to try some of these Chinese and Korean blades. As @Grund pointed out, Graham-Field prep blades set the bar for horrible for almost all that tried them, so I'm interested in whether these will be better or worst.

PM me your address and they'll be sent.

PIF requests will recieve 1 GFLV blade, 1 YingJili Platinum (until I run out, I only have 3 left but ordered more) and 1 BoYou blade.

Received your PM, they're already in the mail
Awesome!! Thank you, [MENTION=106524]riverstyxxx[/MENTION], for this great PIF and an opportunity to try these relatively unknown blades. Rereading your reviews (which are excellent, well done) and the blades your sending out, I'm very excited for the chance to see how each blade performs!!:thumbup:

Saw these recently ,supposedly "made in Canada" , but I have my doubts, anyone have info on these ??

Attachments

• $shaverboy.jpg
    $shaverboy.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 191
Not Tested:

Baili: These are rebranded american personnas, no need. Moving along.

Gillette Super Blue/Shanghai: All of the ones on Aliexpress are counterfeit, the pictures posted by other users scared me away from even looking at them twice. There are some genuine ones and I know gillette has a company in shanghai that produces gillette wilkinson sword for the indian market, but I can not find them anywhere.
It's a shame that the Gillette Super Blue are so widely counterfeited. I had the chance to use one a few months ago (a pack-in with the Gillette Super Blue Blade razor (a.k.a. Sterling)) and it was actually a decent blade.

My oldest son teaches in Beijing. He'll be coming home for several weeks next month. I'll have to ask him to pick some blades up for me when he comes. I've never tried any of the Chinese blades, and didn't even consider trying any when I visited him there.

My oldest son teaches in Beijing. He'll be coming home for several weeks next month. I'll have to ask him to pick some blades up for me when he comes. I've never tried any of the Chinese blades, and didn't even consider trying any when I visited him there.

The offer is still on the table, four brands can be sent your way if interested.

Yingjili blade update: the first shave was good, the second shave was OK, the third shave today was draggy & left stubble behind after several touch ups. My beard is medium normal if that helps. If I could get these blades dirt cheap online I would order them instantly. I am used to getting at least 5 good shaves from other blades. The Yingjili blade might have been a dud blade from the start though. I get duds from all the popular brands now & then but, not often.

I don't believe they're rebranded personna because I've had bad experiences with them. The printing on the YingJili blades is very professional.

Rimei blades are on Aliexpress, 100 for $13 f/s: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-...-German-Technology-Stainless/32479456062.html
If you order a box, send me a few? I really like them but don't have any. We can trade if you want, I have about 15 brands.

I did see those ones you linked on Ali. The zoomed pic shows them as Super Blue blades. I assume they are different than these: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...-Mens-Shaving-Stainless-Steel/1602250660.html

Those Super Stainless that I linked are the ones I'm looking for in larger quantity. That is the blade I had received packed in with a RiMei razor.

Top Bottom