What's new

Tecova Boots?

View attachment 866104
Been wearing boots seems like forever.
Lama, Chisolm, Larry Mahan, Dan Post, Acme, Ariat, Red Wing....others I cannot remember.
These Tecovas are the best (non-work) boots I have ever worn. Period. Fit is outstanding, price is right, well made. What’s not to like? I see another pair in my future

So are those in this pic a replacement pair? I know you mentioned there were problems with the pair you received. That was my first experience as well. The company eventually refunded me for my initial purchase and then I bought the ostrich (Wyatt) after they came out. Love them and no issues with them. Still would like the Earl and/or Cartwright boots in chocolate.

Most recent picture is the second pair of Cartwrights they sent. They are perfect. Wearing them right now.....
043E3A1E-45E1-4AD8-A58C-172F6AD769F5.jpeg

Very nice, Acmemfg!

I'm wearing a pair of my Lucchese boots today...
LB.jpg

Still want the Cartwrights like you have, but in chocolate as an everyday boot...
CB.png

and/or the Earl in chocolate for work...
EB.png

View attachment 866104
Been wearing boots seems like forever.
Lama, Chisolm, Larry Mahan, Dan Post, Acme, Ariat, Red Wing....others I cannot remember.

I've never owned Chisolm, Larry Mahan, or Acme boots. In addition to the others you mentioned, I have Justin, Double H, Frye, and Lucchese -- different toes, heels, and leathers/skins. Pros and cons to each one as well as different purposes for all of them. I understand Tecovas' business model, but wish they'd expand the toe options. Maybe in time they will.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I thought long and hard about Tecova but ended up getting my first pair of Ariats. Heritage Rough Stocks. Mainly because I was able to try them on. Secondly, because I rode rough stock back in my (much) younger days.

Good chance I’ll buy a pair of the new suede ones when they are back in stock..first release sold out in just a few days.

Hey know this is an old thread but wondering how the tecova cartwright ended up wearing? I wear ariat daily but want a new pair of boots and love the raw leather colour and simple. Look of the cartwrights by Tecova. Am. Tossing up between them or a pair of lucchese. Thanks.

Hey know this is an old thread but wondering how the tecova cartwright ended up wearing? I wear ariat daily but want a new pair of boots and love the raw leather colour and simple. Look of the cartwrights by Tecova. Am. Tossing up between them or a pair of lucchese. Thanks.

I never ended up buying the Cartwright from Tecovas, but I do have the Wyatt and Earl boots. Since you're also considering Lucchese (I own a few Lucchese boots as well), you may want to consider a brand I recently purchased -- Chisos boots. I have the No. 2 boots. Love them!! Just something to think about. They're a nice addition to my boot collection. I'm wearing them today.

Attachments

• 15855864360057056063318561291450.jpg
    15855864360057056063318561291450.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
I am wearing my only pair of Western style boots today, an old pair of Justin Ropers.

20200331_090023.jpg

I do like the look of the Tecovas Earl boots though and could see myself picking up a pair in Bourbon Calf. Though before I pull the trigger I would like to know whether they fixed the issue with the boots squeaking as mentioned with pairs made back in 2016 or so.

Then again, since I really like my Justin boots I also have been looking at their Brock Butterscotch boots.

Capture.JPG

Any thoughts on the quality of a current run of Justin boots vs. the Tecovas boots?

Tim

I only had squeaking issues with my desert calf Earl boots. Because I liked the look of the Earl boots so much, I bought the chocolate calf and bourbon calf. Both the chocolate and bourbon did not squeak. I mentioned to a cobbler that I had a pair of boots that I loved, but due to them squeaking, i didn't wear them. He told me he would try to fix them. I'm happy to say I'm now able to wear the desert calf as well!

Re: Justin, I think I have the same boots you would like to get, but mine are called Brock Desert, not Butterscotch. They are definitely not a top quality boot, but I really like them.

Attached is a pic of the boots mentioned above. From left to right... Tecovas Bourbon calf Earl boots, Justin Brock Desert boots, and a pair of my Ariat roper work boots.

15856639984255237166308381034774.jpg

Today, however, is a Lucchese day...
15856655362283419908746402588952.jpg

Last edited:
@Acmemfg

I am curious as well, what do you think of those boots two years later Tim?

Actually, this pair of Justin boots are probably a good decade old or so. The picture does them more justice than they're due :c10:. The back of the heels are worn down, the soles are pretty well-worn, and the side-seams/piping are cracked in several places. Then again, they are still water tight and they feel like I'm wearing a comfy pair of slippers.

So, I am in no great rush to replace them.

Tim

Couldn't agree more, Tim, regarding your comment that your boots feel like a comfy pair of slippers. I wouldn't say all of my boots are super comfortable, but the vast majority are. I think many non-boot wearers don't realize just how comfortable cowboy boots are and can be.

Top Bottom