What's new

Tecova Boots?

Time for some new boots. Over the years I have worn more than my fair share.
Tony Lama, Ariat, Larry Mahan, Dayton, Red Wing, Dan Post, Chisolm...and then some.
Indeed price does seem to be in direct correlation to overall quality. Lately I have seen Tecova boots pop up all over the web. Almost seem to be too good to be true.
I am sure the labor and overhead costs are less as they are made in Mexico, but I hardly think that should be an indictment of their worthiness. Most Ariats and a lot of Red Wings come from China......anyway, anyone have first hand experience with Tecovas? I don’t want any Lamas, Ariats, Justins, or Lucceses.
Especially at today’s silly excessive retail (and even discounted) prices.

Last edited:
From what I have seen from the Tecova company, I know my next new pair of boots will be from them. I love the quality and also the "no middle-man" price they offer. I am impressed and can't wait to try them.

I've heard good things about them from one of my friends that purchased a pair. He's not local so I haven't seen them for myself. He said the quality is on par with the classic models from Justin and Tony Lama, and very close to Lucchese and Rios of Mercedes. Good enough for me if I was purchasing a new pair.

Amcemfg --

If you're still looking for advice on Tecovas boots, I can offer some. I have the Wyatt ostrich boots and love them. I'd also like either the Earl or Cartwright boots, but haven't ordered them yet. I originally ordered a pair of the Earl boots in 2016, but they kept squeaking. Contacted the company and they sent me another pair. Had the same problem with the second pair. The company refunded me. Awesome customer service. Gave up on the Earl boots. Last year they came out with the Wyatt boots and decided to order a pair. No squeaking and beautiful boots -- see pic. Still would like the Earls for work and maybe the Cartwrights to wear with jeans and just for casual.
Wyatt.jpg

how is the fit on the Tecovas? I have a dickens of a time with western boots due to my flat feet and low instep. Need an E width, but a narrow heel.

how is the fit on the Tecovas? I have a dickens of a time with western boots due to my flat feet and low instep. Need an E width, but a narrow heel.

For me, my Tecovas boots fit great! However, I don't have the foot issues you have. My experience with Tecovas is their customer service is incredible. Contract them and explain your foot issues. If they tell you that the boots should fit fine and you decide to order a pair, again their customer service is great in that if you don't like how the boots fit, you can return them without paying a restocking fee or paying for the return shipping costs.

Well.
Just bought the lovely wife a pair of their new equestrian boots for Valentine’s Day. Hope they are everything they are hyped to be.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I hear (and have seen them worn by my back Dr.; someday I'll get a pair), that they are the 'utopia' of boots.
proxy.php

proxy.php
“Bootini: 4oz GQ fashion, 1oz cool attitude, a splash of indulgence and a twist of temptation. Shake over ice; strain into a trendy pair of cowboy boots and garish with lots of accessories”. CBJ

D581E325-4E5D-4DBA-BF66-77021046C1ED.jpeg
C34CB2F4-CAB7-4FBC-966C-F9B8F433E3F1.jpeg

Wife loves hers. Gotta say they are a much nicer boot than my Ariats and are on a par...actually better than my Tony Lamas. I see a pair in the very near future

B3D37052-FF58-4C42-A59D-D2C7F9863265.jpeg
6FDF88EF-2CCD-4C69-BAA4-5AD3AF31D462.jpeg
7502FCE9-0297-4DDE-B12E-E09ECAF2C651.jpeg
Wife’s boots were quite nice. Mine?? Not sure. Fit was good; finish not so much. Good chance these are going back....
@carharttguy, guess we shall see about that customer service

That's very disappointing, Acmemfg. Hopefully your experience with Tecovas's customer service will be as positive as mine experience was. Are those Cartwrights? If they are, still would like a pair of them in chocolate and a pair of Earls for work. I love my Wyatt (ostrich) Tecovas boots.

I checked Tecovas out but went with a pair of Anderson Bean and then a pair of Rios Mercedes. Very satisfied with both. They wear like tennis shoes.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I checked Tecovas out but went with a pair of Anderson Bean and then a pair of Rios Mercedes. Very satisfied with both. They wear like tennis shoes.

I have a pair of Rios of Mercedes that are going on 38yrs old. Fantastic craftsmanship and skins.

Acmemfg - can you explain to us neophytes just what is wrong in the pics you posted? I've been interested in getting a pair of boots but am now a bit scared as I have no idea what I am looking at. What is the workmanship issue?

Jim

41C2A29C-CF28-4430-B079-7269F944049B.jpeg

Been wearing boots seems like forever.
Lama, Chisolm, Larry Mahan, Dan Post, Acme, Ariat, Red Wing....others I cannot remember.
These Tecovas are the best (non-work) boots I have ever worn. Period. Fit is outstanding, price is right, well made. What’s not to like? I see another pair in my future

Top Bottom