What's new

Taylor's Almond Soup?

I just got back from a few weeks in Europe, and to my shock and horror, when I got home and opened my Taylor's Almond cream I saw that it had turned into a liquid. It's completely homogeneous, but unfortunately it's homogeneously like pancake batter. Has anyone had this problem before, and if so do they have any suggestions? I really liked the Almond and would hate to half to throw it away, the tub was still about half full.

I always assumed this was normal, but my Taylor's almond has always had a very different texture from my Taylor's lavender. The lavender is creamy, but the almond was more coagulated. Is this perhaps not normal and the cause of my problem? Other than the texture the cream has always been perfectly fine.

Thanks for your help,
Alec

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Did you leave the almond at home, or take it with you? How does it lather now?

Good point, those are probably pretty important details.
I took it with me and shaved a few times with it on the trip. We flew both ways, but it was fine after the first flight. The one difference between the two trips was that on the way home we were in a very small plane (<30 seats) for a leg of the journey, could that have made a difference?

As for the lather, it still lathers but not as well. The lather is much less fluffy and more slick. I figured it would be hard to get the cream:water ratio right so I started with basically none and went through to too much, and the problem persisted. I did however get a LOT of lather from about a half almond dollop of cream, so I would guess the cream condensed somewhat.

any thoughts?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
hmm ... I'm thinking that one of the return flights affected the cream (luggage can get quite cold sometimes, and then there's the depressurisation question) so now you have a cream that acts more like a soap!

I suspect you may want to stirr it and stick it in the fridge for a bit & see if that helps the consistency??:confused:

Top Bottom