What's new

Tax Refunds

For the first time in years I did not owe money. However my refund was $13 so I just held it for next year. The funny thing was that when I finished all of the paperwork TurboTax popped up with a dialog box with "Congratulations! Good Tax Planning".

I had to agree but it was more luck.

Afraid this year's return has been earmarked for a big swing set since last year......swing set is not for me :biggrin:
Tax rebate is headed towards college fund....

I remember a time before kids, and I seem to recall I had money to spend on myself :tongue_sm

Afraid this year's return has been earmarked for a big swing set since last year......swing set is not for me :biggrin:
Tax rebate is headed towards college fund....

I remember a time before kids, and I seem to recall I had money to spend on myself :tongue_sm

You're probably thining that after the kids grow up you will have money to spurge on yourself again, right? I hate to have to tell you this but it doesn't end. College, weddings, 'just because they need help' and there will probably be Grandkids later, so enjoy the memories of having some extra cash :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. Sue

You're probably thining that after the kids grow up you will have money to spurge on yourself again, right? I hate to have to tell you this but it doesn't end. College, weddings, 'just because they need help' and there will probably be Grandkids later, so enjoy the memories of having some extra cash :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. Sue

Sometimes ignorance is bliss. :001_smile

I love that split second of joy at a refund before the realization it was my money in the first place. Then I get upset that I gave the government an interest free loan... then I fill out a form to pay less tax and forget I did it and have a $3,000 bill at the end of the year. :biggrin:

Us Aussies have to wait till June/July to do ours. I'm expecting a nice ammount back this year. But i'm not gonna wait til then to splash on shaving goods. 3rd shaving brush(still deciding which), MWF and Tabac soon to be ordered!!

I don't mind a sizeable refund (as this year) as it serves as validation that we lived well within our means for the year. I sprung for a Filly as a reward for getting the taxes done on time.

The rest? Not sure yet. Will need to get some lumber for a few projects, including a locking shaving cabinet that I'm fixin to build.

Top Bottom