What's new

Tatara Samurai Sword Alliance

Soap anyone?
:biggrin1:

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 16.36.15.png

Scent Notes: Aquatic, Musk, Vetyver, Cedar, Amber
Packaging: Aluminium Jar
Volume: 100 ml 3,4 fl oz

Ingredients: Aqua, Stearic Acid, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter, Glycerin, Garcinia, Indica Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Sodium Hydroxide, Persea Gratissima Oil, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Parfum, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Potassium Hydroxide, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Benzyl Salicylate, Brassica Oleracea Italica Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil, Sodium Lactate, Geraniol, Linalol, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil.

From the Tatara email:

We are committed to maintaining Tatara's distinctiveness and uniqueness in the grooming industry, a commitment we've upheld since 2017 when we introduced our inaugural product, the Masamune.

Behind the scenes, where much of the work goes unseen, significant strides have been made on our Single-Edge Razor. Although its launch was not realized in 2023, we are now closer to realizing our vision of a perfect Single-Edge, and we are determined to bring it to you later in 2024.

On a positive note, simultaneously, we've been diligently working on our Muramasa Adjustable Shaving Brush, set to launch in the first quarter of 2024, along with our Honour Aftershave and Balm!

Furthermore, our dedication and focus extend across our entire product line, having already won over thousands and continuing to captivate more enthusiasts. We promise to uphold this standard for 2024 and the years to come.

I am pretty excited about the single edge!

From the Tatara email:

We are committed to maintaining Tatara's distinctiveness and uniqueness in the grooming industry, a commitment we've upheld since 2017 when we introduced our inaugural product, the Masamune.

Behind the scenes, where much of the work goes unseen, significant strides have been made on our Single-Edge Razor. Although its launch was not realized in 2023, we are now closer to realizing our vision of a perfect Single-Edge, and we are determined to bring it to you later in 2024.

On a positive note, simultaneously, we've been diligently working on our Muramasa Adjustable Shaving Brush, set to launch in the first quarter of 2024, along with our Honour Aftershave and Balm!

Furthermore, our dedication and focus extend across our entire product line, having already won over thousands and continuing to captivate more enthusiasts. We promise to uphold this standard for 2024 and the years to come.

I am pretty excited about the single edge!

Yeah that will be really interesting to see what they come up with the SE.

I'm also wondering what they mean by an adjustable shaving brush. I've seen that refer to a brush where you can adjust the loft, as well as a brush where you can switch out different sized knots without gluing/epoxying/siliconing anything.

Does anyone know what the internals of the titanium Muramasa are like? I assume they're also titanium but wasn't sure... there's that one black piece that's separate and wasn't sure if that was stainless as in the stainless steel version or if it was also made out of a different material.

Evening, the Saturday shave:

Razor: Tatara Masamune (straight bar plate)
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless (1)
Pre: Hot Water
Soap: Canada Shave Soap
Brush: Omega Boar Pro
Aftershave: Aqua Velva

Got the Canada Shave soap perfectly dialed and the old Omega felt incredibly soft today. The blade was smooth as silk, and the post shave couldn't get better.

I really like my other razors. I love this one.

Image (5).jpeg

10/10

Cheers

Question for everyone: what combination of plate and head/cap between Nodachi and Masamune (closed comb only) would be as efficient or more so than a Henson ++ ? And factor in smoothness, too, especially ATG. I shave daily, looking for a BBS grail

Question for everyone: what combination of plate and head/cap between Nodachi and Masamune (closed comb only) would be as efficient or more so than a Henson ++ ? And factor in smoothness, too, especially ATG. I shave daily, looking for a BBS grail
In my opinion the Masamune is at least as efficient as the Henson++.
The full Nodachi is much more efficient, but might not be a daily driver for allot of people.

No photo today, just the facts.

Sgt Joe Friday.jpg

Nimbus used, with dipping 2/3 of the knot and squeezing out the water with my thumb and finger.
Zingari Man unscented used
Tatara Nodachi head on Masamune handle
Tatara Platinum blade (7)

Even though I gave the knot a good squeeze or three, I still had some water run out of the brush during the first pass. Lather was good, very slick and creamy, but wetter than I usually make it. So I used painting strokes and "firmed up" the lather.

The Nodachi cap and baseplate is barely okay for me. I'll most likely only use this set up only on rare occasions, as it is at the edge of too much aggression for me. Blade feel is fine, but something makes it feel more harsh than smooth. "Harsh" is probably too strong, maybe more aggressive? I got a good shave but earned 2 red spots that cold water healed up fast.

By his facial expression, I don't think Sgt. Friday thinks much of my shave this morning!

No Tatara Blades available. Did you heard something what happened? I will stop using my 200 if that was just one time product run, they will be collectible and increase in value :biggrin1:

Top Bottom