What's new

Lightspeed's Entry to the Hall of Fame

What is your real name?
Mike

What are your nicknames/aliases?
I practice security by compartmentalization and keep my nicknames "firewalled" site-by-site for privacy.

Where do you live?
Texas, y'all!

What is your age (or) generation?
Late '80s Millennial (Boo! Hiss!)

What are you in the real world?
Registered Nurse

What is your favorite shave setup?
Tatara Masamune
Gillette Platinum
Cera-Ve Foaming Facial Wash
West Coast Shaving synthetic brush
Nancy Boy Signature cream
Kiehl's Razor Burn and Bump Relief

Still relatively new to the hobby and experimenting, however, especially with blades!

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Gaming (JRPGs & music games); reading (East Asian history, psychology, physiology, and light, breezy fantasy); coffee (especially Peruvian); music (jazz fusion, prog, post-metal, I play piano poorly)

What else should the members of B&B know about you?
Before my nursing days, I was planning on becoming a history professor. I have very idiosyncratic political views which I am very outspoken about IRL, but I (a) know how to agree to disagree and (b) know that debates are generally a recipe for ruined friendships and drama, so I stay quiet about them online. I'm a huge Mel Brooks and Carol Burnett fan, and I love to joke around. My grandfather was a WW2 vet, and I wanted to join the military, but I have permanently disqualifying health issues (thank you for your service, Veterans!) Lastly, I loathe "Web 2.0" style social media like Facebook and Twitter and miss the days of forums.

Hi Mike, glad you joined! We are a friendly bunch here, hope you join in our conversations. Since you’re interested in blades, check out the link to the Great Blade Exchange at the bottom of my signature. Enjoy the journey!

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Gaming (JRPGs & music games); reading (East Asian history, psychology, physiology, and light, breezy fantasy); coffee (especially Peruvian); music (jazz fusion, prog, post-metal, I play piano poorly)

I'd love to hear your top JRPGs. I played through Persona 5 royal about two years ago and it quickly jumped near the top of my list. I'd have to say Dragon Quest V, Super Mario RPG (SNES), FF7, and FE Shadow Dragon (in no particular order) help round out my top 5. Happy to know ya!

I'd love to hear your top JRPGs. I played through Persona 5 royal about two years ago and it quickly jumped near the top of my list. I'd have to say Dragon Quest V, Super Mario RPG (SNES), FF7, and FE Shadow Dragon (in no particular order) help round out my top 5. Happy to know ya!

Also in no particular order:
-Dragon Quest VIII
-Paper Mario
-Skies of Arcadia
-Final Fantasy VI
-Persona 4 Golden (I love 5, and it is technically a better game on paper, but 4 has a je ne sais quoi that pushes it over the top for me.)

Also in no particular order:
-Dragon Quest VIII
-Paper Mario
-Skies of Arcadia
-Final Fantasy VI
-Persona 4 Golden (I love 5, and it is technically a better game on paper, but 4 has a je ne sais quoi that pushes it over the top for me.)
I left it out of the list, but I do think Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door is in the running for my favorite game regardless of genre, and by extension I love it's older brother that it built on. Super Paper mario was different but fun, I never really enjoyed the series after that. Real shame.

Anyway, seems like we have similar tastes, I'll have to give Skies of Arcadia a play! I'm looking forward to P4G coming out on the switch. I've also got SMT V sitting in my backlog. Too many games, too many razors, too little time to try them all!

Top Bottom