What's new

Tatara Nodachi OC plate

Any "advanced users" thinking of getting one of these?

Special characteristics:
  • Deeper grooves to improve and provide better beard flow.
  • Wider grooves to enhance the blade exposure and bring you a closer shave.
  • Blade Gap = 0,90 mm.
  • Responsible for a more aggressive shave.
  • Only for advanced users.
cfb975c5-000a-4871-8735-04c805ed5d9c.jpg
bc51d777-5395-40eb-8474-7b0d68f65b36.jpg
da5dfcc8-26d8-43e9-ab45-785dc65c0dc6.jpg

Tatara are taking email orders for now.

I agree... but they must think there is a market for uber aggressive/efficient razors. Or this is a very limited release maybe. I'm happy with the original Masamune, tried the Nodachi but prefer their milder razor.

I will let you know for sure. I had the Nodachi and sold it awhile back. Very smooth and efficient but was similar in performance to several other razors I have.

I agree... but they must think there is a market for uber aggressive/efficient razors. Or this is a very limited release maybe. I'm happy with the original Masamune, tried the Nodachi but prefer their milder razor.

I prefer the Masamune too. Not only is it more comfortable in use, it actually gives me a closer shave than the Nodachi.

Lol. The regular Nodachi is too much for me...to think that this will dial up aggressiveness beyond the closed comb...that would filet my face...

Oooooh, I've been waiting for this one. I can't wait for comparisons to the R41 (my favorite so far). This is at the top of my 2020 purchase list.

Yikes, I don’t think so. I have the Nodachi closed comb and that’s more than enough for me to handle!
I prefer the Masamune too. Not only is it more comfortable in use, it actually gives me a closer shave than the Nodachi.
Lol. The regular Nodachi is too much for me...to think that this will dial up aggressiveness beyond the closed comb...that would filet my face...

so that the rest of us have a frame of reference, what other razors do you guys have in your dens?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It is a nice looking thing but not for me. Will be interested to read your review after you receive it.

so that the rest of us have a frame of reference, what other razors do you guys have in your dens?

I have a Muhle Rocca, Parker Variant, Game changer .84SB, Rockwell 6C (only use plate 5/6) and a Fatip Nobile OC & Piccolo OC Which I use for multi day growths.

The other four razors in my current five razor rotation are:

1. Above the Tie S1 (MK1 top cap) Kronos handle.

2. Razorock Mamba .53 on an 80mm Ikon Bulldog handle

3. Asylum Evo in matt stainless steel with the regular baseplate & short handle.

4. Charcoal Goods MK1 Level 1 SB in antiqued brass with the hammered handle.

A small confession, I have been using my Masamune with the OC plate recently & I think I prefer it to the SB. It seems slightly smoother in use & shaves closer.

Last edited:

Razors I use very frequently:
Tatara Masamune
RR Lupo
RR GC68
RR SLOC

Razors I use infrequently:
Fatip Gentile
Tatara Nodachi

Razors I own but no longer use:
Fatip Grande (OC)

I received the Nodachi OC and shaved with it once. I immediately knew it wasn’t right for me and I traded it on my second day of ownership. I don’t usually like comparing razors because it’s not fair to razor makers due to different blade gaps, blade exposure, and how we each experience them during use. The Nodachi SB did not have much blade feel to me and it provided a very mild and non-aggressive but efficient shave.

The Nodachi OC just didn’t feel “right” on my face. I know that is very vague but I don’t know how else to describe it.

Top Bottom