What's new

Taped wedge help

I've been working on a W&B wedge with 2 pieces of tape and when I got to Naniwa SS 8K the tape is sticking to the hone. More like grabbing it during the stroke and making the stroke very jerky. At first I just pushed with my other hand to guide the razor down and back, but when the razor grabs it seems that I'm applying unwanted/unintended extra pressure to force it moving down the hone. Next I tried changing the tape which didn't work, so finally I tried adding some liquid dish soap which also didn't work. Anyone else have this issue and if so what should I do? :001_huh:

I use good quality electrical tape that has the shiny exterior and I've never had a problem. I've used it on a DMT 325 without a problem.

That's what I've been using. I don't know what brand it is cause the writing is in Korean, but it's shiny black electrical tape.
Easy! Teflon tape!!

Actually, in addition to what's been said, I torque the blade ever-so-sligtly toward the edge, particularly when honing a wedge....

No problem I changed brands of electric tape and then changed the top layer of tape after setting the bevel.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom