What's new

Take a pic of a cartridge

My spouse doesn't mind cartridges. I think the germs cause most irritation and I grown hairs.
He shaved and went to the gym after using a new cartridge. Quick rinse and looked ok clean. I took a close up pic.
Now I bet bacteria maybe might thrive there and the next shave might deposit said bacteria in pores.

Attachments

• 20220821_110004.jpg
    20220821_110004.jpg
    765.7 KB · Views: 80
My spouse doesn't mind cartridges. I think the germs cause most irritation and I grown hairs.
He shaved and went to the gym after using a new cartridge. Quick rinse and looked ok clean. I took a close up pic.
Now I bet bacteria maybe might thrive there and the next shave might deposit said bacteria in pores.
just don't start taking close up pics of your food. You might not ever eat again.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Cartridge razors have been around for 40 years. Billons of people across the globe have used billions upon billions of cartridge razors. Some have even used cartridge razors in conditions way less sanitary than a U.S.A. bathroom *gasp!*. If the bacteria that lives in a cartridge was such a concern I’m pretty darn sure we’d hear about it by now.

Fact is bacteria is everywhere. You can’t escape it. That toothbrush you leave on your bathroom sink is loaded with fecal matter. That hand towel you leave on your kitchen counter is full of bacteria. That dish sponge on your sink that you wash dishes with before putting them away *clean is loaded with bacteria. All your door handles in your home, completely stuffed with bacteria. Just think what’s in your shower stall or bathtub and around your toilet. No matter how clean you think your home is there is bacteria everywhere. 99.9% of it is not going to harm you at all. A little clogged cartridge is not even a blip on my scary bacteria radar. And I would argue it’s not for 99.9999% of people that use them.

Nine out of nine shavers wash their faces with soap and water (maybe several times) immediately before they shave. And the razor itself is dunked in soapy water many times during the shave. Most shavers use aftershave lotion, which usually has germ-killing alcohol as the main ingredient.

Therefore, I don't understand why the shaver's face is "covered with germs."

I do not understand. What am I missing here?

Lady Oliviamaynard, great that you care for your spouse!
IMHO, bacteria in the clogged blade is not as much a concern for irritation, rather just the compromised edges plus gunk forced into the skin.
My recommendation is simple cleaning of the cart, perhaps with old toothbrush.
A good cart should last 5-7 shaves for male with average beard.
And yourself??

gillette strip.jpg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
@Oliviamaynard, the cleanest razor to shave with is traditional straight razor.

It may be difficult (if not impossible) to get your partner to change. Most are rightly afraid to even try using a SR. After all, life expectancy was much lower 150 years ago when straight razors we're all the rage in shaving. Then about 40 years old, now about 70.

Cartridge razors have been around for 40 years. Billons of people across the globe have used billions upon billions of cartridge razors. Some have even used cartridge razors in conditions way less sanitary than a U.S.A. bathroom *gasp!*. If the bacteria that lives in a cartridge was such a concern I’m pretty darn sure we’d hear about it by now.

Fact is bacteria is everywhere. You can’t escape it. That toothbrush you leave on your bathroom sink is loaded with fecal matter. That hand towel you leave on your kitchen counter is full of bacteria. That dish sponge on your sink that you wash dishes with before putting them away *clean is loaded with bacteria. All your door handles in your home, completely stuffed with bacteria. Just think what’s in your shower stall or bathtub and around your toilet. No matter how clean you think your home is there is bacteria everywhere. 99.9% of it is not going to harm you at all. A little clogged cartridge is not even a blip on my scary bacteria radar. And I would argue it’s not for 99.9999% of people that use them.
Disgusting but all true.

Top Bottom