What's new

Tabactober 2020

Had my first shave today for TabaOCtober, Tabac, RR Jaws, Persona Red, Nivea cream pre shave, Omega boar brush, and old spice and Nivea post shave. A few weapers in the usual spots, but great overall. Going to have to tune my technique.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to starting as much of a month of Tabac as I can manage, even though I signed to the 'Tabac with some slack' I will try to use it throughout the whole month.

In preparation, I am going to put away all of my my other soaps I have in rotation away in my 'cupboard of shame' and I will only keep out my splashes which go with Tabac, the few boar brushes which I generally prefer to use when I use a shave stick and a backup synth.

Here is the Tabac stick, with some calipers. I will measure it again at the end of the month, to see how much of the stick I have used in that time.
View attachment 1162255

My brushes
View attachment 1162257
Omega 11819, Omega 10075 & unbleached Zenith Boar

And some blades I will test
View attachment 1162258

Which are SuperShave X, Lancet Super Platinum, Vidyut Platinum, Zorrik Talvar, Gillette Silver Blue, Astra SS, Bic Chrome Platinum & Treet Platinum.

The blades will be tested in my go to razors which will largely be Flat Bottom/Fat Handle/Ball End Tech, and the Old Type/New OC's.

I really enjoyed Arko August, and look forward to getting to know Tabac a little better.

Enjoy the Tabactober gents!
The calipers are a nice touch.

Decided to go a notch further and make it the "STR8 TABACtober"

View attachment 1162484

Gear I’m going to use through this month:

Razor 1: John Clarke Express 11/16"
Razor 2: Feather Artist Club DX with Schick P-30 Proline blades
Razor 3: Chinese Half-DE ‘Kamisori’ with Personna Platinum blades
Brush 1: DIY M7 Boar 24mm
Brush 2: Semogue SOC 2-band finest 24mm
Soap&AS: TABAC

Really beautiful arrangement and shot!👌

Pulled my Tabac puck in an Anchor Hocking sealed glass bowl out last week and wet it down a little to add a little moisture to the puck. Opened it this morning and the puck had soaked up everything. Hit it with my cheap boar brush and had a simply delightful shave. Just gobs of wet, slick, lathery goodness as I face lathered and grabbed my SLOC with a new GSB blade. Slapped on my Tabac/Witch Hazel mix after I completed my shave, and headed to the office after a 14 day absence. I'll smell good at least.

>>ROC(ca)TOBER meets TABACTOBER<<
20201001_082044-01.jpeg

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Shavemac Synthetic 24/52
Soap: Mäurer & Wirtz ~ Tabac
Razor: Mühle Rocca R94
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (3)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Nivea post shave balm.

Last edited:
October 1st

Razor: 34c
Blade: Astra
Soap: Tabac Original
AS: Tabac Original

Over the warmer months of the year, I prefer other soaps over Tabac regarding scent. But with the colder days returning and Tabactober, it was definitely time to take the puck out again.

Despite a rather dry soap after the months I put it to the side, the puck provided me with a nice lather for a comfortable three pass shave.

I am looking forward to this Tabactober!

well, I'm not going a month using just one of any of my soaps, all of which are great but I am using Tabac tomorrow, and I almost always pair it with Alt Innsbruck. A winning combination!

Let the Games Begin!

Welcome to Day 1 of Tabactober, and I seem to be late to the party I'm hosting - for shame. So happy to see the interest, and really looking forward to seeing the pictures and reading the shave reports.

Tabactober 2020 Participants List

Tabac Attack (all Tabac, all Tabactober)

@FoolishMortal
@PhilC
@Brian C.
@sdimartino
@emily666
@SpannerX
@Smooth and Sharp
@Pepin (Tabac aftershave, and cologne along with the soap)
@Demaratus
@Stubblebum
@Freebase8244
@demaro
@Sotiris_A
@ajkel64
@ajduplessis
@vates

Tabac with some slack (some Tabac, sometimes)
@BudgetShaverGuy
@Tomo
@Billy T.
@haggis
@EclipseRedRing
@Ravenonrock
@samhain666
@Chard52142
@RanTan the Cool
@never-stop-learning
@Multum in parvo
@arano
@byDoms
@cryhavoc
@geneaut
@Ted A
@ercy
@DBT
@rapwedinger
@McBlade
@NewYorkBuck
@JAHE
@BigD
@camoloc
@zoidberg
@Legacoid
@Sukeroku
@Mouser

Tabac on the rack (maybe?)
@emily666
@Chef455

Tabac I lack (no Tabac on hand)
bluesman 7

Tabac is wack (no Tabac, no way)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Tabactober 2020 #1
OCtober 2020 #1
20201001_111158~2.jpg

Primary Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Bolzano (6)
Touch-up Razor: Schick Type E
Blade: Schick (5)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Keyhole (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Lather: Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac
Fragrance: Tabac

WTG,ATG,XTG plus touch-up pass.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Outstanding shave! :)

Last edited:
SOTD
  • NEW Short Comb
  • Nacet (12)
  • Tabac!
  • SOC Taj handle boar
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Spice ASB
  • Vintage Avon Bay Rum AS
I'm so happy to be back to a quality soap like Tabac. I gave it a little moisture overnight and it lathered up like a champ today. I need to remember to load a bit more with the Taj, but Tabac is nothing if not forgiving.

Mid-way through the first face-lathered pass:

SOTD_10012020_2.jpg

Top Bottom