What's new

Tabac

It is Berlin in 1963, I am wearing a tweed suit on a brisk fall day; as its a Sunday I have a late shave before heading out to an early dinner with a lady friend.

Well I was not around in '63 and I have never been to Berlin but every time I use Tabac I see that scene in a black/white movie.

+1 :) I like this.

Why is the puck on the right labeled 3.5oz, yet the box still reads 4.4oz? Slip up on QC maybe?
-Jared

I don't know why. I was suprised that this soap can be in two different packs (left from USA, right from G&C). What is it? Different markets or date of production?

BTW both of them are 125 gramms. :)

Last edited:
Tabac? good. I have the stick and is simply excellent. The smell is classic one, very masculine, distinctive.
What else?
:)

We might call Tabac Original an "Old guy" fragrance and we would be right but we might equally call it tried, tested and approved, so much so that men have used it and stuck with it all their lives. A classic mix of citrus, florals, spices, wood and musk men and their women loved so much until they were lured away by inferior scents evoking wind and waves but resurrected so effectively by the likes of Dior Fahrenheit. Oh and the shaving soap whether in a bowl or a stick is pretty good too. My go-back-to fragrance since ... er ... so long ago I don't remember.

One of these times...maybe next year. Too much inventory on hand as it is (and I'm talking only around 15 soaps and creams in the den).

I have been mostly shelling out for samples of everything the last few months. Tabac was the first sample I tried to which I immediately committed to buying the full puck (and jar). However that might not be until the fall, as I am still working through my sample inventory.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
I'm on my 4th puck with Tabac and the reusable lidded container that fits their puck is definitely worth the price for your first puchase of this soap.

I'm on my 4th puck with Tabac and the reusable lidded container that fits their puck is definitely worth the price for your first puchase of this soap.

Yep! For another $5 get the bowl and the puck. Even if you don't like the scent, the bowl is a classic that you can use for other soaps. Mitchel's Wool Fat gets over a $20 upcharge for the bowl and puck. It is a nice bowl, though.

Top Bottom