What's new

Tabac

Have you guys found any soaps that perform similarly?

I am always down to try new soaps, but as said, the bar has been set pretty high.

Tabac performs for me by delivering thick slick protective lather, it does not produce that Santa Claus beard look that some other soaps produce, but I find that overrated anyway. I would put EU Palmolive stick on a similar scale to Tabac for this thick slick protection. Both of these soaps I won't be without.

I know this is the Tabac thread in the Soaps section, but I would like to know from the subject matter experts if the Tabac soap is similar to the Tabac cream in the tube in regards to scent and performance.

I personally use and like the EdC.

I used both today.

proxy.php

Hi, guys. Still waiting for my first DE razor to show up in the mail. I can't comment on the soap, but I've been using the EDT and ASL since the mid-80s. As a matter of fact, I splashed on some ASL a while ago so I could revel in it's TABACy goodness while I read these posts. I'll definitely be picking up some of the soap as soon as I am able.

I have a small sample of it. I've been debating not using it as the smell really is not good, but I figured I couldn't not give it a try. I test drove it yesterday, and yes, as suspected the smell didn't get any better in the bowl or on my face. The shave was good, but I don't think I'll use the rest of it.

Today's Tabac shave included the cologne. Nice stuff. But definitely an acquired scent.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 224
I must.. ...get it one day after i went through the whole tub of Cella(Slickness and moisturizing effects,superb! but the scent MEH). How does it stack with Cella?I've seen review on Tabac and most commented that even though the lather was great but in term of slickness there's a slight doubt on it,is that true? I've been wanting to get it next but ahh that particular subject keeping me back from getting one :bored:

I must.. ...get it one day after i went through the whole tub of Cella(Slickness and moisturizing effects,superb! but the scent MEH). How does it stack with Cella?I've seen review on Tabac and most commented that even though the lather was great but in term of slickness there's a slight doubt on it,is that true? I've been wanting to get it next but ahh that particular subject keeping me back from getting one :bored:

Tabac is one of the slickess soaps in my rotation. Don't hesitate, just buy it and thank me later :thumbup:

Deeply hated Tabac at first (the scent), love it now. Weird how it grew on me. Definitely has a place in the rotation these days.

Some B&B members compare the smell of Tabac soap to complementary soap bars used in hotels. It does have a unique clean scented smell. I like it and it's in my weekly shaving soap rotation.

Have you guys found any soaps that perform similarly?

I am always down to try new soaps, but as said, the bar has been set pretty high.
well, MdC possibly, but it can be a bit drying. I'd have to go with TFS (in the tube)--while technically a cream, it does seem to offer up similar performance.

I love Tabac - and love the scent too. I think it appeals to me because it reminds me of the way barber shops smelled when I was a kid - a very long time ago.

Been using tabac soap for a while now. Moved to a local shops macca root soap. Its half the price. I know use the tabac deo and edt which seems to last two hours Max. Deo lasts all day.

My refill has 100gr sticker on the paper and 125gr label on the box. Actual weight is 130gr with paper. Seems to be a little bit strange.

I've been using a Tabac stick for about 9 weeks now. I used a veggie based soap yesterday just to take a break. Huge loss of performance. Back on the stick tomorrow.

Top Bottom