What's new

Tabac PIF!

I've wanted to try Tabac, but I'll respectfully NOT be in since I still have a stick of PIFd Arko that I need to try. One polarizing product at a time...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I've wanted to try Tabac, but I'll respectfully NOT be in since I still have a stick of PIFd Arko that I need to try. One polarizing product at a time...
You should reconsider my friend! This is an incredible opportunity.

And I think you will find Arko to be your new favorite stick!!!

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
What a wonderful, generous PIF! Respectfully not in, as I’m a big Tabac user. Which, BTW, is the cilantro of shaving soaps... you love it or hate it.

9AF6C291-624D-4AD6-A352-FCEE74CA5570.jpeg

Wowzer, what a PIF! My Tabac stick disqualifies me, whether I am respectful or one of the haters. If I put my Tabac stick and an unopened, virginal Arko stick in a milky glass jar and tuck it away in a dark spot, will I get the ultimate lather and scent 9 months later?
I'm thinking it would lather very well, but smell like a bunch of carnations and dead roses, dusted with talcum powder, sitting in an old mop bucket.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
A generous PIF, and an opportunity for someone to experience Tabac. Call me crazy, but I think it just has a clean soapy smell, rather pleasant IMHO. To each his own as they say. Good luck to all who enter.

Nice PIF, politely not in.

Tabac is a good performing soap, in its heyday it was probably the very best shaving soap. However, it's no match for the modern artisan soaps. The scent is rather polarizing, kind of love/hate with nothing in between. I'm not a fan.

I love Tabac. I am currently looking for a cool wooden bowl to grate my next stick into.
Respectfully not in, but can't wait to see what happens next on this pif!

I was looking into getting some Tabac and I came across your thread about it earlier this month. I was a little concerned about the scent after hearing what you had to say about it, but everyone seems to agree that it performs well. I think that I might really like it. Count me in please! Thank you for the opportunity to try it. (perhaps...)

I love Tabac. I am currently looking for a cool wooden bowl to grate my next stick into.
Respectfully not in, but can't wait to see what happens next on this pif!

Pardon the newbie question, but why would you grate a stick when you could just buy the puck? The cost per ounce for the puck is even cheaper (on Amazon).

Top Bottom