What's new

T-Rexes (Rex Club)

I bought the Rex Ambassador 2 days ago with the money I got for my birthday. Normally I don’t drop 2 bills+ for a razor, but I wanted to splurge on something that from what I’ve heard is extremely well made. It’s scheduled to ship 12/14. This will be my first stainless steel razor.
What's it all for if you can't splurge on yourself now and then. You won't be disappointed it's a great razor. After the Rex I went on the hunt for a Gibbs adjustable which is what Rex is based from and found a #17. I wrote in an earlier post that those two razors may have cured my RAD. No question it has not to say I won't ever buy a new razor. I like adjustables and have all the vintage adj. razors. The Rex is the first new razor I've ever bought and love it and you will too.

Happy Birthday, enjoy your Rex and let us all know what you think of it.

Hi, I received mine yesterday and I noticed that screwing the bottom dial is often difficult because the screw of the top cap tends to seize up after one turn, so I have to unscrew it gently and carefully screw it again trying to match or align the threads in the hollow handle. I tried several times and this happens at least in 50% of the attempts. I don't know if this is due to the material (316L) or it must considered a defect. I live in Italy so it's not easy to send it for repair expecially for the duty charges expected when receiving it back. I was thinking that it could be easier to substitute the threaded pin by myself asking the producer for the spare part.

Inviato dal mio COR-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi, I received mine yesterday and I noticed that screwing the bottom dial is often difficult because the screw of the top cap tends to seize up after one turn, so I have to unscrew it gently and carefully screw it again trying to match or align the threads in the hollow handle. I tried several times and this happens at least in 50% of the attempts. I don't know if this is due to the material (316L) or it must considered a defect. I live in Italy so it's not easy to send it for repair expecially for the duty charges expected when receiving it back. I was thinking that it could be easier to substitute the threaded pin by myself asking the producer for the spare part.

Yep that's exactly what mine was doing and I sent it back. I sent him an email and he sent me a United State postal service shipping label. You received it yesterday and I haven't heard a word. So he should know by by now about the problem if he did not before yesterday. In my opinion the threading on that top cap is fat should be rounded off or something (poor workmanship,?) I believe there's other razors that do not do that. I'm in the US so shipping is quicker

Yep that's exactly what mine was doing and I sent it back. I sent him an email and he sent me a United State postal service shipping label. You received it yesterday and I haven't heard a word. So he should know by by now about the problem if he did not before yesterday. In my opinion the threading on that top cap is fat should be rounded off or something (poor workmanship,?) I believe there's other razors that do not do that. I'm in the US so shipping is quicker
I've written a message to him, waiting for a reply. Thanks

Mine does the same thing. I just twist it counterclockwise until I feel a notch then it will twist right it. I realize you shouldn't have to do this to make it thread but I got used to it. Maybe I should look into sending it in for repair. I'll wait until you guys get yours sorted. Please post the repair results.

Mine does the same thing. I just twist it counterclockwise until I feel a notch then it will twist right it. I realize you shouldn't have to do this to make it thread but I got used to it. Maybe I should look into sending it in for repair. I'll wait until you guys get yours sorted. Please post the repair results.
This.. I've now adapted my technique to clamp the razor close.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Hmm, well even if I turned mine counterclockwise first it may have taken a few tries probably the same as all of them, quality issue. It's a premium priced razor, with less than premium issue, I think.
Did all versions do this, as I didn't notice the N2 I had four week from the Rex Ambassador pass around tour. And I sent my back within the first week.
I take a blade out every shave, and it aggravated me.

I get it Keto, premium price razor shouldn't have a problem this minor. I love the shave this razor gives me and didn't want to send it back and not have it to use so I found a way to make it work. But now I too will send an email see what to do from here. I'll use my Gibbs while the Rex is gone.

I hope you get your rex fixed, I would be pretty understandably upset too. Hope it turns out okay.

Haven't used mine in a few weeks gave it a spin at 1.5 for three pases as I had shaved last night. This beauty is so smooth at the lower settings.

Ok, the inner pinion has some quality issue, I think that during Cnc work the machine creates a tension in the thin wall of the female threaded tube. I have dismantled it and I can see a deformed shape on the upper part of the internal threaded tube, so Rex will kindly send me the spare part that I will substitute by myself.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

lov2shave, Did you really mean to say that you've adapted my technique to close "your" razor? LOL
Lol..if you want to put it that way. Though I also chanced on it using some left brain analytics !

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Serafin,
Oh that's what's going on. How did you know how to dismantle it? I'm thinking that might be something we all need to know that own one.good thing he's sending you a part I haven't heard anything from him. Maybe I better call him today.

Serafin,
Oh that's what's going on. How did you know how to dismantle it? I'm thinking that might be something we all need to know that own one.good thing he's sending you a part I haven't heard anything from him. Maybe I better call him today.
To disassemble the bottom knob you have to simply pull it downward gently with the head cap off. There is an internal steel flat ring that, being cut and elastic, normally retains the internal pinion in place preventing it from exiting from the hollow handle. The outer diameter of the ring is slightly bigger than the internal diameter of the handle and of the external diameter of the pinion. It's easier to do than to explain.
Once I have disassemble it, the nut and bolt thing works much better, screwing and unscrewing is easyer and everything matches most of the times, but when the gear is inside the handle for a strange reason it is stubborn (in mine obviously).
I have to say that he has been very kind to send me the spare parts, absolutely kind and fast, but for an American costumer I think that it would be better to send the razor directly to him. I live in Europe so I would have to struggle with long shipping times and customs and I'm scared of the possible loss of the razor by the postal service.

To disassemble the bottom knob you have to simply pull it downward gently with the head cap off. There is an internal steel flat ring that, being cut and elastic, normally retains the internal pinion in place preventing it from exiting from the hollow handle. The outer diameter of the ring is slightly bigger than the internal diameter of the handle and of the external diameter of the pinion. It's easier to do than to explain.
Once I have disassemble it, the nut and bolt thing works much better, screwing and unscrewing is easyer and everything matches most of the times, but when the gear is inside the handle for a strange reason it is stubborn (in mine obviously).
I have to say that he has been very kind to send me the spare parts, absolutely kind and fast, but for an American costumer I think that it would be better to send the razor directly to him. I live in Europe so I would have to struggle with long shipping times and customs and I'm scared of the possible loss of the razor by the postal service.

That's good to know, how did you find that out did you just mess with it or did Rex Emporium tell you that information, I was wondering how a person deep-cleaned one of these razors.

That's good to know, how did you find that out did you just mess with it or did Rex Emporium tell you that information, I was wondering how a person deep-cleaned one of these razors.
I received the information directly from him, otherwise I would never be so brave to try by myself!

I usually don't stray to far from to 2.4. Decided to try a 3 pass shave: 3.0wtg, 2.0 XTG, and 1.0 ATG. Always a Nacet in my Rex now, my go to blade.

Superb shave, the Rex is incredibly smooth on the lower settings, and all three gave me my cleanest looking and feeling BBS shave.

Last edited:
I usually don't stray to far from to 2.4. Decided to try a 3 pass shave: 3.0wtg, 2.0 XTG, and 1.0 ATG. Always a Nacet in my Rex now, my go to blade.

Superb shave, the Rex is incredibly smooth on the lower settings, and all three gave me my cleanest looking and feeling BBS shave.

Nice! Yes, this is one of those razors that amazes me at how smooth, comfortable, & efficient it is on the lower settings.

Usually with adjustables I like them towards the higher end of the settings, but the Rex as well as Parker Variant are amazing at the lower settings IMO.

Top Bottom