What's new

SWMBO is gonna kill me!

Okay, so I should hide the blades not the brushes so she can't kill me - Got it!
Follow maxman's list - check!

Originally Posted by maxman
1. Divide it all to multiple hiding places.
2. Change out what you put in the main bathroom in the middle of the night when she's asleep.
3. Never show her what you buy, when questioned, say "Oh that's always been there" or "That's not new, it's the same tube/razor/brush you saw before".
4. When she asks how much you are spending, keep telling her you are saving money. Then go online and show her the cost of blades vs. the cost of cartridges. It'll work for a while.
5. Lastly, whatever you do, you MUST keep her away from B&B. We do nothing but enable AD's....and we're darn proud of it. If she becomes interested in the place you are spending all your time, have some lightweight threads you subscribe to. Show her only those.

I also liked the idea of dragging her to her closet to count shoes, handbags etc, but if I did that I would have less time to look at new brushes and new old razors so that idea is out - she has a big closet.

Are you all sure there isn't a DESA (DE Shavers Anonymous) Group anywhere or am I already part of it...maybe it's B&B?
Either way I am glad to see I will get a lot of encouragement and support on here, after all that is what a forum is for.

Thanks guys!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Yes, you need to hide the gear...

I am now always going to the shaving/grooming section of any pharmacy/chemist/supermarket/name it when I go out. She knows where to find me. Just "in case" I find something new that I can't buy.

There is no known cure to my knowledge but if you can try and limit yourself to a number, that would be a first step, sell what you don't use!

Sounds very familiar... am still a newbie but have developed a predeliction for checking out soaps and creams online.... may have pulled the trigger on a few too. Must hide products!

I am lucky enough to have a wife that doesn't care what I spend my money on, which is a good thing because I bored bought a semogue 620, irisch moos shave stick, speick shaving cream, 10 shaving stick tubes, and a tub of mama bears soap in the last 2 weeks.

My wife is cheap as dirt! She won't buy herself new clothes unless I make her (luckily she looks best without them anyway). So we have a running game. When she complains about the price of something I buy, I immediately return it, and buy something three times as expensive. Only had to do that twice.

My other trick is to make her spend money on herself. She needed a new pair of shoes for working out. I told her to make sure and get a good pair of shoes, because she needs to protect her feet and joints, she went and bought Wal-Mart shoes, I went to the Galleria and bought a $200 pair of Nikes, and then made sure she saw the reciept.

Mike

either shop local and pay cash or if you shop online shop folks who will let you send a money order (mama bear this morning). no reason to make it easy and have all your purchases listed on your credit card statement.

Keep a slush fund and create a false cupboard back to hide things..... That is the only way my friend!

5. Lastly, whatever you do, you MUST keep her away from B&B. We do nothing but enable AD's....and we're darn proud of it. If she becomes interested in the place you are spending all your time, have some lightweight threads you subscribe to. Show her only those.

Why not show her the Women Shaver's group?
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/group.php?groupid=88

Get her to join it. She can have a look around at how much fun we ladies have discussing female shaving in there and pretty soon she'll have a serious case of the ADs too hopefully! :thumbup:

Last edited:
SWMBO works with cosmetics so she is going to be buying a lot of my products and yes, she is already giggling about me giving my face some TLC. She had her last day at The Body Shop yesterday so I made sure I got their full men's range before she left. She is starting her new job next week so I will be checking out the new range soon enough.

Funnily enough, my new hobby is already rubbing off on her and making her think about how much she does for herself... now if only we had a bathroom door lock I could keep her out of my domain:sneaky2:

I'm not sure my girlfriend understands the whole shaving thing just yet. Every now and then she feels my nice smooth cheek and says "Shaving is your hobby" in a slightly patronising tone. I think she is enjoying hte results I'm getting though :)

I've only had 3 shaves and I have already developed a very advanced stage of both BAD and RAD. Starting to wonder if I should get myself banned from here. Alternatively, anyone know of BAD/Rad Rehab?

after 3 shaves? :huh: red flags raising

Oh well...
hope she got you some of that "maca root" shave cream from the Body Shop... good stuff as is their "razor relief" after shave balm.. before she left

and

meh.... there be a life time of shaving to do yet eh!

no need to hurry it all and jump in blindly.. enjoy the process...

and SWMBO in "your" domain :001_cool:

This thread might have some of the best advice on the whole site!! Great tips for when the AD hits hard. Will defiantly have to put some of these into practice. Although, TWGW might be starting to get on board. Just this past weekend she wanted to head out to the antique store to help look for some new razors (unfortunately, none were to be found).:sad:

For the past few weeks (which have also been my first few weeks) of shaving with a DE, I have also had AD for razors. I had a lot of fun buying up a bunch. It started slowing down a few days ago. I hope it doesn't start back up soon. I still have to pay for college. :thumbdown

Top Bottom