What's new

SV Saturday

Pre-shave: shower, Jack Black Face Buff
Soap: SV 70th anniversary
Brush: Parker silvertip
Razor: 1962 Slim H3 (5 setting); Nacet (2)
Post-shave: cold water splash, Jack Black protein booster, Nivea sensitive
Aromatherapy: SV 70th anniversary EDP

SV is at the top of my list and find myself reaching for it more frequently. 70th today and tundra artica is up next. Desert vetiver should arrive next week

Also love the 70th anniversary EDP. Such a refined yet relaxed scent.

3F0E24A5-65AC-469C-9012-CBD361FFDEA6.jpeg

SV Saturday 6th August

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Nacet Stainless #4
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave.

Opuntia day is here again. I only needed a basic shave, but with kit that performs this well, why wouldn't you go for the full BBS? The Nacet is still OK on its 4th use.

Preshave: just some warm water
Soap: SV Manna
Brush: 30mm Motherlode knot
Razor: Rockwell 6s

I did "bloom" the soap by applying a tiny layer of warm water on the puck. After that I did let the soap dry. I use a piece of food plastic for refigirators to wrap my soap in, both tin and refill, makes it a lot easier imho to load from the puck and let it air dry. At first I used wax paper, but I found that would be very soft and tear on me all the time after actually using the soap.

I managed to use dirty water on a cream once and ruined it that way, so ever since that accident I am now a bit more careful. Plus the transparent foil makes it easy to see the state of the puck on the underside. I rotate through too many soaps that I have to let them dry properly, but especially with a soap in a tin can it can be easy to trap stuff underneat and store it away without noticing.

SV is currently not my favorite soap, that spot has been taken by abbate y la mantia. But that soap does not perform better and is definitely a lot more pricier.

Last edited:
Wolfman .95
nacet on 1st use
really warming up to the Morado glad I tried it :) when this runs out will switch to Cubebe most likely switch back and forth between these two as I sense the are in the same family or close enough and prefer each one to be more unique in favorites Opuntia being the #1 and the 70th #2 Morado and Cubebe tied for #3

AEA180F0-89BC-4263-9BFD-715FFBFBB6A2.jpeg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
SV Saturday
IMG_20220806_140511.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Personna Platinum(15)
Soap: SV Opuntia
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF with bog oak handle.

Tonight for both SV Saturday and AAA I picked up the Opuntia from last week, easily my second favourite soap after 70th Anniversary. This shave was purely designed to be a luxury shave, the Kosmo is my favourite brush and feels so soft and, as long as you don't push it into your face, has no scritch to it.
I took my time and ended up with a BBS with very little effort on the 15th shave with the Personna blade. This is my favourite shaving setup and one I don't think I will ever get sick of. Finished with a spritz of my new Davidoff Cool Water.

SV Saturday 13th August

Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Razor: GC.84 SB, Ti Handle, Astra SP #5
Post-shave: Nivea Balm.

It's Cubebe's turn again. Another perfect bowl-lather.

Took my time, and got a comfortable near-BBS.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
SV Saturday
Razor: Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (5 and retired)
Brush: @Rudy Vey 2022 Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Belcam Vault EdT Spray
20220813_153830~2.jpg

Superb Top Tier Shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11886128

Mike M

SV Saturday
IMG_20220819_135639_1.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6C R6
Blade: Tiger Platinum(2)
Soap: SV Opuntia
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF with bog oak handle

Tonight it was the turn of the Tiger Platinum with the same setup as last night. For SV Saturday I chose Opuntia again as it goes with All Adventus August too. I do miss using my other too SV soaps, but it is only for the month.
The setup was fantastic again and offered all the elements of a great shave. The Plat blade whilst more comfortable than the Tiger SS seemed to be less sharp than the first shave with it and to get a near BBS I had to perform a touch up pass on my neck and there was a sting to my spritz of Kolonya.

SV Saturday 20th August

Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #3

SV70 made the usual perfect bowl-lather.

Took my time, and got a BBS that was "a bit too good", as there was a lot of sting from the post-shave.

Mike M

SV Saturday
IMG_20220827_140754.jpg

Blade: Tiger Platinum(6)
Soap: SV Desert Vetiver

Ok I was definitely aiming for a luxury shave tonight and I got it. The Desert Vetiver soap has a great scent and just has a slightly better post shave feel than my other SV soaps.
The STF was fantastic and the lather was perfect. The result, although only a DFS just left me feeling great.

SV Saturday 27th August

Soap: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Wizamet SI #4

Opuntia day again, for a luxurious DFS.

The Desert Vetiver soap has a great scent and just has a slightly better post shave feel than my other SV soaps.

I'm getting tempted by that one.

I keep hearing about the post feel of the Desert Vetiver :) did not like the AS sample as others but might have to see if they have it local and smell the soap ? As I keep hearing that about it and its already so so so good post :)

Mike M

SV Saturday
IMG_20220723_140703.jpg

Blade: Personna Platinum(21)
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary

Tonight for SV Saturday I used my favourite soap 70th Anniversary. With the the 21st shave with the Personna Platinum it was nice to have a quality soap to shave with, some of my poorer quality soaps can make it difficult to get the most from a blade.
I find that since I acquired the Kosmo I use it more and more for face lathering, particularly with my quality soaps as it uses less soap, feels better on my face than nearly all of my other synths and still makes a great lather.
The Rocca made short work of my beard, since I shaved yesterday morning it probably tackled more growth than it has since I acquired it.
The shave was comfortable and close leaving a very near BBS and a general feeling of contentment.

SV Saturday 3rd September

Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Nacet Stainless #4

Cubebe day again. Got an excellent near-BBS.

Top Bottom