What's new

SV 70th Anniversary is sublime!

I've just tried my sample of Mirto di Sardegna and I agree, it smells amazing. But can I ask a question? I've been looking at a full bottle and it's described as half way between a lotion and a balm. I don't mind much what they call it, however, I really don't like thick, milky balms. My sample is clear, like a traditional splash. What were your SV aftershave samples like, consistency wise?

My full bottles of 70th and Cubebe are just like my samples...cloudy and almost the consistency of cooking oil. The magical part is they dry pretty quickly with zero residue and leave my skin feeling soft all day. I made sure to knead my sample packets before using, just to make sure the ingredients were mixed well.

My full bottles of 70th and Cubebe are just like my samples...cloudy and almost the consistency of cooking oil. The magical part is they dry pretty quickly with zero residue and leave my skin feeling soft all day. I made sure to knead my sample packets before using, just to make sure the ingredients were mixed well.

Great, thanks. That's what I found, quick drying and easily absorbed. More like an aftershave lotion than a balm.

It’s my favorite scent of the SV that I’ve tried. It’s a great scent. I’m not as fond of their AS. They’re more like balms. The soaps are great. Aftershave is OK.

I had the soap/AS set and traded it to a friend, not sure why because I liked it, think he liked it better. I missed it enough that I picked up a lot that had the Cosmo soap/AS set and the 70th Anniversary soap/AS set. I was disappointed when the 70th Anniversary AS showed up the milky stuff(in my old set it would separate) was a cube of gelatin or rubber. The seller didn't say anything about this so I don't know if something happened during shipment. The AS still has a nice scent still use it. It would be my suggestion for those that don't use the AS very often to give it a shake now and then so nothing happens like it did to mine.

I had the soap/AS set and traded it to a friend, not sure why because I liked it, think he liked it better. I missed it enough that I picked up a lot that had the Cosmo soap/AS set and the 70th Anniversary soap/AS set. I was disappointed when the 70th Anniversary AS showed up the milky stuff(in my old set it would separate) was a cube of gelatin or rubber. The seller didn't say anything about this so I don't know if something happened during shipment. The AS still has a nice scent still use it. It would be my suggestion for those that don't use the AS very often to give it a shake now and then so nothing happens like it did to mine.

I had heard of people getting a bottle of gel, so I made a point of ordering direct from SV. I already had the 70th soap, so I bought my Cubebe set at the same time. Yes, it was expensive by all standards.

I had heard of people getting a bottle of gel, so I made a point of ordering direct from SV. I already had the 70th soap, so I bought my Cubebe set at the same time. Yes, it was expensive by all standards.

I should have said rubber and not gelatin. I stuck a small plastic straw through the hole and it is like a square chunk of silicone rubber. The liquid around it seems to have the scent but can't say it is really AS anymore.

I always got sick of SV scents but I have never tried 70th. It seems to get a lot of praise. May have to try this one!

Yes indeed, a great scent and an even greater soap. After trying MDC and SV I feel no need to spend money on overhyped artisans which seem to be releasing the "best soap base" every couple of months.
I agree completely MDC and SV are great soaps, tried SV for the first time yesterday and it was great, I got the 4.3V , of Cubebe. My den only has 4 soaps
MDC
SV
TABAC
MWF
I am adding one more ETHOS, recommended by David (dmshaver) everything he has
recommended has been great, he even put me in direct contact with a supplier.

Last edited:
Cheers!

Seriously though, SV aftershaves are a bit jelly-like, so you need to give them a good shake b4 use.

This guy explains it nicely. I love his shaving videos BTW

A fine video, indeed! I especially like the talcum powder in the brush at the end. I will need to try that soon! And again, another praise for 70th. Must be good stuff.

Top Bottom