What's new

SV 70th Anniversary is sublime!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I'm currently taking part in the 2021 Shaving Sabbatical...but when 2022 rolls around, this may be one of the first things I try.

I've used several over the years and would love to try the 70th but sadly Saponificio Varesino has slowly priced themselves out of my budget.

$49 seems a bit steep for a 150g tub of soap -- just my frugal 2¢
I have a contact that is charging $45.00 plus shipping for 7.5 oz container, sorry this contact was for ETHOS

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I have a contact that is charging $45.00 plus shipping for 7.5 oz container, sorry this contact was for ETHOS
45 USD + shipping for a soap raises a red flag for me. I don't even know what Ethos is but a half pound of soap is a lot!

So I've still got a few years of soap backlog (plus vintage!) and I can always get a great soap for around $10-12 that does everything I want, another French puck of Provence Santé for example if I need another soap.

But thanks for the reply and enjoy your Saponificio Varesino ... I've still got two pucks from when we could score them for under $20 shipped from Europe.

#1 in my book. I even think it is better than Xpec that I traded to my friend and MdC that I sold off. My favorite is SV scent is Felce, then 70th Anniversary. I also have Cosmo which is similar scent to 70th, and I also have Asylum Colonia which is made by SV and it is another great scent. The only thing that can give SV a run is PdP No 63, I have a lot of other soaps that are really good which include Razorock, B&M, Castle Forbes, Proraso to name a few but nothing I have tried so far can beat it. I want to puck up a few of the newer scents but with the amount of soap I have now I just can't bring myself to buy more.
What is great about the PdP No. 63. I have a large credit on Amazon and could try it, just a little skeptical with it being so inexpensive?

What is great about the PdP No. 63. I have a large credit on Amazon and could try it, just a little skeptical with it being so inexpensive?

I have a hard time describing a scent, I would describe it as a dark cologne scent, I personally love it. The other thing is it lathers with ease in my hard water and I love the slickness of it and has a nice post shave feel to it. Get the AS balm, to me you can't go wrong. I have never bothered with buying a matching bath soap of any other soaps that offer it but at some point I plan on getting it. Not sure if that is available on Amazon or not, I forgot to check the last time I placed an order.

I also think you can't rely on how good something is for what you pay for it. Example, 5 years ago I started this adventure with VDH Luxury scented. Okay the scent is not the greatest but for me that soap performs and that soap costs what, $3.50 and I think it outperformed XPEC and MdC that cost close to 20 times that. I think the performance of the soap is on par with SV.

Top Bottom