What's new

SV 2.0 Brush - your thoughts, opinions, experiences please

linty1

My wallet cries.
I'll need to find a better grip.

Yeh speaking of how do you guys hold yours? I kinda hold it like how I hold all my other brushes, 3 fingers kinda around/over the butt end, and its never been an issue. Some ppl were mentioning how the crown gives a good grip... are you guys holding it like a pencil? Or just bigger hands? Just looking for a new grip, just curious is all.

Yeh speaking of how do you guys hold yours? I kinda hold it like how I hold all my other brushes, 3 fingers kinda around/over the butt end, and its never been an issue. Some ppl were mentioning how the crown gives a good grip... are you guys holding it like a pencil? Or just bigger hands? Just looking for a new grip, just curious is all.
I hold mine with my fingers gripping the lower part of the pewter crown and the base of the handle resting on my palm. I do have large hands but anyway this is more comfortable for me. I’m a face-latherer - maybe I’d hold it differently if I was using a bowl.

For,me,the valley at the base of the handle is perfect to curll you thumb and forefinger around. No sense of the brush feeling heavy as someone said. Can't praise the brush enough.

Today's shave with the SV brush was a definite improvement. I didn't rely solely on muscle memory and held the brush closer to the base. It lathered SV Tundra Artica quickly and effectively. The badger funk is gone, and the hair felt a bit softer too.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Today's shave with the SV brush was a definite improvement. I didn't rely solely on muscle memory and held the brush closer to the base. It lathered SV Tundra Artica quickly and effectively. The badger funk is gone, and the hair felt a bit softer too.
I think the B&B consensus is the SV hit their stride around the 12 use or so. All 3 of mine did, I noticed.

It’s an excellent, high quality brush with many enthusiastic fans here. I’d say it is medium density, so not too heavy or firm in use, very good splay and lather release, easy to use. It has a light natural scrub/scritch, which many enjoy, but there are other brushes with softer-feeling tips if you like that. The handles are very nice and distinctive, and feel good to hold. The decorated pewter crown helps a lot with grip, I find.

Really one of the best, and worth the price. Will add an air of grandeur to your bathroom.

If you search in the shaving brush sub-forum I’m sure you’ll find a lot of user comments. I don’t recall seeing anybody say they don’t like theirs. @Chan Eil Whiskers and @Phoenixkh both have a few of these too and can probably chime in.

View attachment 1632377
Nice black handle 👌
-what is the name of this handle color?
- is it made out of wood ?
I’m planning on getting one , I think it would look gd with their new 2.0 Razor
Which will be released later this year hopefully : )

Nice black handle 👌
-what is the name of this handle color?
- is it made out of wood ?
I’m planning on getting one , I think it would look gd with their new 2.0 Razor
Which will be released later this year hopefully : )
I like that one best too. It is ebony wood. You can choose either a silver or gold coloured pewter for the metal part - either would look good with ebony.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Here is mine in Bog Oak
SV1.jpg

I need to take a new photo.... the Bog Oak handle has been replaced with a gold crown Cocobolo handle. I just love them. The SV brushes ended my brush buying frenzy. They really are that good.

View attachment 1632773
Hi, is there a post or a website in somewhere showing how to replace the crown? Any thread showing/telling how to replace the SV Crown would be very appreciated ; ) ✌️

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Hi, is there a post or a website in somewhere showing how to replace the crown? Any thread showing/telling how to replace the SV Crown would be very appreciated ; ) ✌️
I haven't seen one... You could direct that question to Rudy Vey.. He owns an SV brush now, as you saw. He's also an expert brush restorer, makes wonderful handles and sets a variety of knots, one's he keeps in stock and other knots people send him.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
David'sOlivewood30mmSVbrush.640.jpeg

30mm Olive Wood LE: Superb in all respects.

That is one beautiful brush. Wow!

Somebody asked about whether we hold onto the pewter. I do not. Why? I don't know. I'm a face latherer.

Somebody asked about fixing the crown. Sometime back a fellow took the crown off and painted it purple or some such thing. I loved the work he did, work he described pretty well as I recall.

Happy shaves,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
View attachment 1725217

That is one beautiful brush. Wow!

Somebody asked about whether we hold onto the pewter. I do not. Why? I don't know. I'm a face latherer.

Somebody asked about fixing the crown. Sometime back a fellow took the crown off and painted it purple or some such thing. I loved the work he did, work he described pretty well as I recall.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Thank you, Jim. :)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Thank you, Jim. :)

You're welcome, David.

I'm pretty sure your olivewood introduced me to the very large SV brushes, the 30 mm.

David'sOlivewood30mmSVbrush.640.jpeg
9-20-23.ATT.S1.Ethos.30mmSV.640.JPG

Interesting that the handle shape varies. I'm assuming the olivewood is a limited edition. My brush on the right is an LE.

Sometimes I think maybe the 30 mm SV knot is just a tiny smidge better than the 26 mm SV knot, but I think it's just my bias towards large knots showing. Not that the 26 mm SV 2.0 knots aren't quite large. Do you experience much difference in the knots?

Happy shaves,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
You're welcome, David.

I'm pretty sure your olivewood introduced me to the very large SV brushes, the 30 mm.

Interesting that the handle shape varies. I'm assuming the olivewood is a limited edition. My brush on the right is an LE.

Sometimes I think maybe the 30 mm SV knot is just a tiny smidge better than the 26 mm SV knot, but I think it's just my bias towards large knots showing. Not that the 26 mm SV 2.0 knots aren't quite large. Do you experience much difference in the knots?

Happy shaves,

Jim

The 30mm Olive Wood is an LE. :)

Both the 26mm and the 30mm are great knots. My personal preference probably leans to the 30mm knot.

Top Bottom