What's new

Supply Provision Stainless Steel Injector Tour/Pass-Around

When I first received and shaved with the razor I found the Personna blades a bit rough, even when hand loading them. The base plate may indeed be too aggressive for you, but I would be curious if the #3 paired with the Schick would give you a better experience.
I think you are right here Michael. I tried the Schick with the #3 plate this morning and it was a smoother/closer shave for sure but there was still some irritation but not anywheres near what I had yesterday!! In fact I'm really thinking that part of that was still left from yesterday as I was irritated well into the evening yesterday from the morning shave.

I have come to the conclusion that the #3 plate just is too aggressive for me and it probably wouldn't get too much action from me at all. I tried adjusting angle mid shave but that made no difference in the outcome I'm afraid. The #2 plate and the Schick combo was what really worked the best for me.Though the #2 plate was the better experience here I feel that the Supply Provision doesn't give me the kind of shave that my General / Kai combo gives me...

Though at first I felt the Supply Provision was a very hefty razor the more shaves I got into it the weight wasn't an issue for me. I found the quality of the razor to be outstanding and for the price they are selling it at with the 3 different plates, feel it is priced fairly. In fact for a 1st time buyer with the discount they offer through email, its even better... I really can't find any true faults of the razor overall and would have to say my experience was very positive.

That being said and after some initial thought, maybe this would better serve someone else as my daily needs are pretty much covered and I fear the SP wouldn't get the love from me as it would someone else. I'd like to thank Michael for the pleasure to take part in the pass around and have enjoyed everyones input here and elsewhere in regards to how this razor shaves...

Speaking of the quality of this razor... It's the only razor that I managed to drop (knocked the stand while cleaning the bathroom). There is two microscopic dents on the handle and that's it. I feel like it's built like a tank...

Just wanted to say thanks again. I'm not in for the pif. Though I liked the razor quite a bit, there are others who will enjoy it more.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

While I suggested I was going to call it tomorrow night, this evening seemed good enough. [emoji4] I looked to the magic 8-ball to help me with a random selection and tylehman is what it is saying. I hope it brings you many pleasant shaves!

Thanks once again to all who participated, and a big shout out to Patrick for creating an awesome modern injector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I suggested I was going to call it tomorrow night, this evening seemed good enough. [emoji4] I looked to the magic 8-ball to help me with a random selection and tylehman is what it is saying. I hope it brings you many pleasant shaves!

Thanks once again to all who participated, and a big shout out to Patrick for creating an awesome modern injector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Thanks to Patrick. I believe I'll use my Supply injector tomorrow.

Thanks so much, i first got interested in this razor because of the thread from last June when people were discussing the first ones sent out from the kickstarter campaign. i had tried a Shick E3 and decided that i was definitely interested in injectors. i asked lots of questions in that thread, and @poonjaji floated the idea of a pass-around at that time. there was not that much response, but a few months later this thread was started and the razor has been passed around for more than half a year.

i am very thankful just the have the opportunity to try it, and now to receive it as a PIF is a real surprise. i am thinking that this might be a nice way to get my 17 year old son into wet shaving. he will be a high school senior next year. i think that this razor would be good for a new wet shaver because with the 1 dot plate it would be very hard to hurt yourself, and as he gets a tougher beard and better skills he could progress to the more aggressive plates. he is just starting to drive with a stick shift, i have got him wearing mechanical watches, and i need to get him shaving in a more traditional way as well.

this may be a nice graduation gift when he goes off to collage, and one that he could use the rest of his life

thanks so much
Ty

Congrats, Tylehman! Enjoy the SPSSI whatever you do with it. Many compliments to poonjaji once again for generosity above and beyond the common measure.

I did get it, thanks to all involved. it is holding up well after all of its travels and will be in my rotation, and as i said i soon may be getting my son to move off of cartridges, and this may be a gateway razor. i already got my daughter using a Gillette starburst from the 70s and a vintage brush when she moved off to college.

shaved today with TOBS lavender cream with the 2 dot plate, same blade as yesterday.
over all it was not as smooth as yesterday with the mild plate. today i paid more attention to the edges of the shave stroke and the tall blade stops really do cut a line outside of the shaving area. maybe i can capture that later. but basically i get a stripe in the shaving cream, then shaving cream again, and then the ares that is being cut. not sure if this is a real problem, but it makes it harder to shave close to my mustache for example. in the end i did have a little alum sting, it just did not feel as good today. i usually can many more shaves from an injector blade, and i don't think i did anything to it when i did the manual load. tomorrow i will try the 3 dot plate. with the same blade, then i may try it again with one of the more aggressive plates with a new blade if i have issues tomorrow.

the razor looks nice on the side of the sink. and there is no reason not to keep it that way between shaves, especially if you don't have a lot of razors.
View attachment 694134

however; it does not play that well with some of the standard razor stands. although i could get a picture, i would not use it this way, it would be too unstable.
View attachment 694133

Turn the razor 90 degrees and let the knurled screw rest on top of the holder.

Top Bottom