What's new

Supply Provision Stainless Steel Injector Tour/Pass-Around

Razor received... First impression is that this is a heavy good quality razor. For my first time with an injector type, it was pretty much straight forward as to how to load it. I left the #2 plate on it and will start with that one and loaded one of the Personna blades to start. I'm going to start using it tomorrow morning since it arrived just after lunch time. Until then...

Obviously, the razor has made it to the next person. I need to post my final thoughts. So I used plate 3 for two shaves. It was definitely my favorite out of the group. I'd try a more aggressive plate of that was an option, but I think this would be the sweet spot for me.
I got a very good, irritation free shave. This is a very easy razor to shave with. Angle is easy to find and it does a nice job no matter which plate you choose.
That being said, the handle never felt "right" to me. I never found a comfortable place to put my fingers on the underside. Minor, but noticeable for me. I don't love the thumb screw. I'm not old enough, yet, to deal with arthritis, but I think loosening and right-wing the screw could potentially be difficult. But I love the idea of multiple plates, so, I guess the screw is necessary.
For me, I like my vintage injectables (type E and G do nicely). Yes, this is stainless steel, so if you want weight and steel, this is a very fair priced and good razor. But not enough advantages over my vintage injectables for me to buy it. Thank you for letting me participate. I am very grateful.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Shave #1 is in the books so here's a couple thoughts... Again I must say that this is a razor with some heft to it. Previously the heaviest razor I'd owned was a Maggard's V3 w/ an MR5 handle and it was maybe half what the Supply Provision weighs...

I used the #2 plate that was loaded when I received it and also because I tend to like med/aggressive razors it would seem, ie... 37c, Piccolo, and the General. Loaded what I thought was a Personna blade but was actually a Schick out of the supplied blades in the box. I would say the blade was no different than any 1st use blade in any razor I have shaved with and felt more aggressive with the 1st use. I will use the same set up tomorrow morning to get more of a comparison though. I went with Stirling Barbershop as it is one of the best performing soaps I have and thought I should at least take that out of the equation to start with. I typically shave WTG L-R / ATG R-L / XTG S-N / XTG N-S, normally in the same sequence as that is how I achieve my best results daily with whatever razor I am using on that particular day.

I found that the handle was very comfortable to use. Basically I held my thumb either on the top of the razor near the head or underneath near the screw with my index finger on the opposite side directly across from my thumb was the easiest way to maintain my angle consistently. I tried to hold it on the side of the handle but couldn't maintain a good angle holding it like that. I found holding the razor with my thumb on the underside of the handle while doing my WTG / ATG passes was very comfortable and seemed easier to hold the angle as opposed to my other daily razors, especially when changing over to my left hand to do the ATG pass. I also tend to like my razors to have loud feedback as that helps me keep the angle but found on the SP the feedback was quite muted and chalked that up to the weight of the razor and it absorbed it more but was still loud enough.

My shave this morning was what I would consider a very good shave with no irritation considering it was a new razor/blade combo that I wasn't familiar with and am happy overall with it. Tomorrow will tell a clearer story I'm sure. Second shaves with new blades tend to better than first shave for me so I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Last edited:
Good call on it being relatively quiet. I didn't mention that, but I think you are right. But I'm not sure why. I have other stainless steel razors that I get more audible feedback from. I wish I had paid more attention to that though to see if there was much of an audible difference between plates 2 and 3.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Shave #2 is complete for today and it turned out better than yesterday... Up for the challenge today was some Stirling MITA which, as any of the Stirling line, has never let me down to date... I used the #2 plate and the same Schick blade again. I am still in awe of how substantial this razor feels being as heavy as it is.

As I suspected yesterday, the Schick blade settled right in for todays shave and it turned out much closer with no irritation at all. A DFS indeed... I tried to pay attention a little more to the handle itself as that seemed to be one of the pickiest points for others that have used this razor. I found that if I held it with my thumb and index finger opposite each other on either the top or bottom close to the head depending on which pass I was doing, I had absolutely no problem with slippage or angle itself. Feedback was not as audible as it was yesterday but it was still there. To me that is a good thing. It reminds me very much of my General SE.

I did play around with angle a little bit but didn't stray too far. I found that steep is bad and I received a couple weepers for it and if you go too shallow it had the same result. It was much different from any other razor I've played with the angle on and when you go too far with it, it'll really let you know and in a hurry. It is pretty easy to find the right angle on this razor and at the same time it is easier than any other razor I've used to stray from it... An example of this is my General SE, it has a little wider variety of angle to it and much more forgiving if you stray from it slightly. My theory is because the top cap is rounded off. I had problems with angle in using the Hawk SE also and it was sold off very quickly from my collection. I have been pretty good in figuring out within just a couple shaves if a certain razor is for me or not so far. Maybe it has something to do with it being an injector type as opposed to AC type or DE variety. This is the 1st Injector type razor I've experienced to date.

I'm changing blades for tomorrows test and will be using the other blade that is in the package for the next 2 days with the #2 head also. I take it that one is from Supply Provisions? Not really sure about it... I will say that I was curious after my shave today as to how this razor rinsed after a couple shaves and I must say I was quite taken as it was pretty dirty and there was already a fair amount of build-up on the blade, razor, and the the plate as well. Much more than my General, 37C, or Piccolo after 2 shaves. Maybe that is common among injectors? I do like the idea of the screw to take it apart and it was very easy to do. It did clean up easily and quickly so I'm not seeing this as a problem. I do have a tendency to clean my others on an every other or even shave count regularly so again, no deal breaker here.

I'd have to say that again, it was a very close DFS and am looking forward to using it again in the morning. If anyone knows what the other blade was in the package, (in a white case), please let me know so I can reference it properly... I have a benefit for a friend that recently passed away that I'm playing for today and will feel very confident now that I got a great shave this morning...

ETA... I went back a few pages and saw that the other blade in the package was referenced by someone as a Personna. I will be sure to reference that tomorrow...

Shave #3 today... I paired the Supply Provision with the Personna blade using the #2 plate and lathered up with Stirling Noir. Just gonna keep it simple today and say that todays shave was merely a mirror of shaves 1&2 combined. It was typical as I mentioned in shave #1 that the new blade left the slightest hint of irritation as I get with almost any new blade in any razor I use, but after the alum block, AS, and PSB my face felt great and yet another DFS. I am sure tomorrow will be very much like shave #2 went with the Schick blade. So not really much difference than what I've previously experienced so far. I am sure that starting with shave #5 and the #3 plate is where I'll see the real difference though.

I would say so far I have enjoyed the razor and had absolutely no problems with the handle at all but am still not sure about the added weight of the razor as a whole. It is kinda growing on me though. I think shave #4 is gonna be a very good one though... Looking forward to tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing your experience with such detail, muzichead. Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Michaels... Somewhere in my ramblings I'm sure someone will catch something and relate it to themselves hopefully.

Didn't have time yesterday to post any thoughts but can say that there really wasn't anything that stuck out from the 2nd shave on the Personna blade w/ #2 plate. It resulted in another DFS overall...

Todays shave was a different story all together. I paired up the Personna blade (3) w/ #3 plate. Soap for the day was Pinaud Clubman which lathers up to a very slick dense lather. I'm not sure if it was the blade or the plate but it made for a rough shave. I will say that one shouldn't lose their concentration while using this plate though. It will bite for sure. Wound up with a weeper just under my jaw line close to my goatee to the left. That was on the WTG pass so the rest of the shave was at a more slowed pace with my full concentration to say the least. It reminded me of how the R41 shaved me. I no longer own it because I just always had some type of irritation that seemed to stay with me for a few hours after the shave. Kinda how I feel right now.

I'm going to try the Schick blade with the #3 plate tomorrow to see if it was the plate or blade that was my problem but if I had to guess it would be the plate. The good thing about this razor is at least there is a milder side to go back to. If one desires more aggression it is there as well and its comforting to think they are working on something more aggressive for those that need that...

Hi All,

As muzichead is the last participant on the tour I have decided to PIF the razor to one of the participants. If you participated and have interest in the razor, please post "I'm in" in this thread by Thursday, March 30th @ 6:00 PST and I will randomly select the razor's new home. My thanks to everyone who joined!

Wow... A very generous offer.

Not in as I didn't participate in the pass-around (and have my own Supply razor).

It was nice to read the opinion of all that were in.

A generous offer on top of a generous pass around. Too much, Michael! I'm not in, as I think there are folks who enjoyed and would appreciate the SPSSI more than me. Thanks again for the excellent opportunities.

I'm not sure if it was the blade or the plate but it made for a rough shave.

When I first received and shaved with the razor I found the Personna blades a bit rough, even when hand loading them. The base plate may indeed be too aggressive for you, but I would be curious if the #3 paired with the Schick would give you a better experience.

Wow thank for the chance to win that fine shaving implement.

I'm In.

I really enjoyed my shaves with the supply provision razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael, I'd love to be included. I ended up buying a Schick Injector, as I plan to keep an injector razor a regular part of my rotation. I lent the Schick to my brother-in-law, and will see if he finds the injector as easy to use as I do. If I don't win the PIF, I have the Supply Provision razor on my Christmas list.

I'm in. It would be nice to have a modern day injector that uses easy to find and affordable blades! Very generous pif!

I'm in
i have now a real fan of injectors, i have acquired several since trying this one, but all of mine are very vintage, and i did find the supply provisions razor to me a very nice modern version.
thanks for doing the pass-around and now a very generous PIF

Thanks, Michael
I enjoyed the opportunity to try the Supply razor & would like to be considered for your PIF. Good luck All!

Graydog

Biblical Innards
@poonjaji ,Thank You Michael for the opportunity to try this Razor , I was not a big fan of The Razor
but as with everything in life (Chocolate vs Vanilla) I'm sure that Someone is going to be very Happy
Very Nice PIF

Top Bottom