What's new

Supply Provision Stainless Steel Injector Tour/Pass-Around

Hi All,

I recently acquired one of the newly released Supply Provision stainless steel injectors and would like to share it amongst the community if there is interest in trying it. It has been a couple years since I have regularly used an injector and am quite happy with what I am shaving with now (e.g., Cobra Classic, Mongoose), so I am curious how the injector enthusiasts among us will receive this new offering.

General requirements for participation
Active B&B members in "good standing" are welcome to send me a PM regarding participating in the tour. I would suggest active and good standing infers you have been around B&B for at least a few months and are participating in the community. If you are active on other shaving forums and are new to B&B I will take that into consideration. And if you do not qualify today but have interest, you may become eligible as the tour unfolds...so please feel free to send me a message and I can add you to the "reserve" list.

Following are the rules that I have used for other tours I have hosted, which are simply intended to keep the tour fair, fun and safe.

1. Please limit your time with the gear to 7 - 10 days. This should be enough time for some quality shaves and impressions. There will be exceptions, and if you know ahead of time your schedule will be limited (e.g., vacation, job constraints, travel) please let me know so we can adjust the order and keep the momentum going.

2. The package will contain the Supply Provision injector razor, mild (one dot), moderate (2 dot) and aggressive (3 dot) base plates, screw with spring to secure base plates to razor, and a couple cartridges of Ted Pella/ASR blades. Participants are welcome to use a couple blades during their turn, and if a participant has any other injector blade brands they want to contribute to the package I imagine members following you will appreciate the variety. (I only own Ted Pellas.)

3. I am shipping the razor clean and sterilized. Please do the same before handing it off to the next member. Simple Green (preferred), soapy hot water, Barbicide and Scrubby Bubbles are fine. Please do NOT use boiling water or bleach on the razor as it may cause irreversible damage.

4. Carefully wrap and ship the package as your means allow (e.g, USPS, UPS, FedEx). It will be shipping in a small Priority Mail flat rate box. If Priority Mail is a hardship, please switch to a clean, generic box and pack securely. The razor and blades in the package at valued at $100, and there is an expectation that each participant agrees to insure the package in the event the razor needs replacement. Total costs for Priority Mail and insurance will approximate $8, which you might consider the "cost of admission" for the tour.

5. Communicate. Please post in this tour thread when you receive the razor and when it ships. Upon receipt, please contact the next person on the list in order to have their shipping information on-hand when your time with the razor is over. Please PM me as needed or if you have questions. It is never fun to track you down if you are in possession of the razor and have gone off the grid.

6. Post reviews! Please share your impressions, good or bad, with your fellow B&B members. I am in no way affiliated with the vendor and am simply sharing so that members can try before they buy.

7. Have fun.

Thanks B&B!

Injector U.S. Tour
<your name goes here> (Please reach out if you meet the qualifications above and would like to have your name added.)

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Michael, your passarounds are amazing in generosity[emoji106]. I'm not in ( I have one ), but wanted to send an attaboy your way.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I Received The Razor Saturday , Had My First Shave with it. Here are My first Thoughts.
The shave was terrible ,First I injected a new blade as it was empty and started what turned into a 4 pass
not so good shave, what I had to do was finish it off with My Ever-Ready 1914 ,I only used that razor because it was ready to shave.
it ended up BBS. which is what a normal shave is for Me.
I always shave Sunday with Old Spice and My 1936 Aristocrat. So the plan was to change the plate to number 3 for Mondays shave
and the I remembered My first shave with My new to me Schick E-3 and had a bad shave and posted the results
Someone with way more knowledge on the Forum suggested that I should try injecting a new blade and that sometimes with a empty razor head
the blade gets damaged so I did that and had a wonderful BBS Shave. So I tried to inject a new blade into the Supply Provision still using plate #2
The old Blade would not eject ,So I took the head apart and inserted a new blade manually and did not explore the reason for the miss fire yet.
I began to shave and the results are wonderful , a 3 pass BBS shave with pick up's.:thumbup: I will shave again Tomorrow with the same blade and plate #2 I will revisit
The injector issue after the Shave
and will switch to plate #3 on Wednesday. I did not receive a list but I'm assuming that polishaver is next because of His location. After this tour I will be waiting for the Cobra Classic tour :w00t:.
Thank You again for this opportunity

@poonjaji
user-offline.png

$_SWR2083.jpg$_SWR2086.jpg$_SWR2088.jpg$_SWR2097.jpg$_SWR2105.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love to try it as I've never tryed any type of injector, I was just about to get an E type but I got another ER 1914 instead with bigger blade stops ! But anyway I'm in

Hi All,

Sorry for the lack of a list. I believe this represents everyone who has PM'd or posted in the thread. If I missed you please drop me a note. Thanks!

Supply Provision Tour
Graydog (shaving)
polishaver
ciderguy
tylehman
hahnevince559
ShaverGN

Last edited:
Sorry for the extra bump, but I did not realize B&B did away with the ability to edit a post. Anyway, I wanted to let those participating in the tour (or those considering participating) that I have some Schick blades on order and I will send them out on the road as soon as they arrive. I had a poor experience with the Ted Pellas and I want those trying the injector to have the best possible experience.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I am using supply provisions blades and the Schick. That's what I normally use. I did try the TPs for the first shave that was not so good.

With mine I have to loosen the screw to inject a blade and preserve the edge. However lately I have been simply taking it apart instead...

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Well this Morning I changed things up a bit, I went with plate #2 still but I put a Schick Blade in
I followed The procedure That muiriddin suggested and it almost worked I had to pull out the old blade part way.
Anyway let's get to the Shave, it was very close but I did feel the blade a lot which made it a little uncomfortable.
The Shave however turned out BBS and I guess I could learn to except the blade feeling.
Tomorrow I will go with Plate#3 using the same blade,That is the real neat factor about this razor how it is design to come apart and you do not have to
waste a blade. The injector not working properly is not a good thing though and I'm thinking that others have had the same problem.
The Schick blade did offer a much closer shave.

Well this Morning I changed things up a bit, I went with plate #2 still but I put a Schick Blade in
I followed The procedure That muiriddin suggested and it almost worked I had to pull out the old blade part way.
Anyway let's get to the Shave, it was very close but I did feel the blade a lot which made it a little uncomfortable.
The Shave however turned out BBS and I guess I could learn to except the blade feeling.
Tomorrow I will go with Plate#3 using the same blade,That is the real neat factor about this razor how it is design to come apart and you do not have to
waste a blade. The injector not working properly is not a good thing though and I'm thinking that others have had the same problem.
The Schick blade did offer a much closer shave.

Interesting. How does the blade feel compare to a MMOC (if you have one)?

Top Bottom