What's new

Supermax super platinum

I just ordered 100 of super stainless green yellow and 100 of super platinum.Have tried super platinum long time ago and remember it was pretty good.Any experiences with it?Should be good blade along with ss.

I just ordered 100 of super stainless green yellow and 100 of super platinum.Have tried super platinum long time ago and remember it was pretty good.Any experiences with it?Should be good blade along with ss.
I've used earlier versions of their blades (the Super-Max SP's and the Blue Diamond Platinums) and they were very good blades. Of the Indian manufactured blades, these are among my favorite.

I purchased a bulk pack of Su[erMax Blue Diamond Platinum blades. They are one of my favorite blades. However, I think they are no longer being manufactuered. I understand there is a Titanium blade that might be worth checking out as well.

Ah supermax. I've tried the platinum, platinum plus and vidyut stainless. Didn't like them at all. They're neither smooth nor sharp enough and they tugged a lot. The only acceptable one from the three I've tried is the plus version.

Ah supermax. I've tried the platinum, platinum plus and vidyut stainless. Didn't like them at all. They're neither smooth nor sharp enough and they tugged a lot. The only acceptable one from the three I've tried is the plus version.
And what razor did you use them with?
All three are good to excellent for me. The Platinum is good, not exactly the smoothest blade, but still good. The Platinum plus is very smooth, and the Super-Max Vidyut Stainless is also very smooth, one of the smoothest blades I have tried. Have 400 of them. And I have black whiskers like barbwire. You just have to use these 3 Super-Max blades in very aggressive razors. Otherwise they will tug, indeed.

Supermax is a confusing brand. They have different package styling for different distribution areas and they seem to change blade names every couple years. "We the consumer" don't really know if the blades are actually different.

I have the Blue Diamond Platinum and the Blue Diamond Titaniums. These blades are sharper than Feathers and last a helluva lot longer. Be careful!

Blue Diamond Platinum is pretty harsh the first few shaves and also very sharp. Blue Diamond Titanium is out of production but still readily available from various auction sites; much smoother than the Platinum version. There's also SuperMax Diamond Edge, which only a few Indian sellers have; smooth but duller than the other two.
When I got the first hundred pack of blades a few years ago I chose Blue Diamond Platinum which were new at the time but had the chance to get Super Platinum. Not knowing they were out of production I passed. If you can find the Super platinums cheap get'em. As good if not better than Blue Diamond Titanium. The few individuals that still have them for sale now ask outrageous prices. Kind of what's happening with Polsilver right now.

Connaught has the SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium at an attractive price.

I use the SuperMax BD Platinum and do not find them harsh, though not as smooth as my Rapira Platinum Lux.

Supermax is a confusing brand. They have different package styling for different distribution areas and they seem to change blade names every couple years. "We the consumer" don't really know if the blades are actually different.

So is personna, lord and gillette.

Top Bottom